Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's The Difference Between 2otl and Dual/Dual

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's The Difference Between 2otl and Dual/Dual

Just a simple question? What is the difference between the SLP 2otl and the Dual/Dual cat backs.

Thanx
Old 05-15-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

The Dual/Dual catback came stock on some SS's since 98 I believe (not 100% sure on that). It is generally known as the quietest catback that can be purchased aftermarket. It is a crossflow-style muffler that flows very well. With LTs and an ORY, it is still very quiet and is the choice for those with loud cammed cars that want to quiet it down. With just the catback, it is actually pretty comparable to a stock exhaust at idle. It has the SLP dual outlet setup with the Dual/Dual tips (tips on each side, each with 2 outlets).

Here's the Dual/Dual:

SLP's 2OTL was an exhaust that started on the 1996 SS as an option. It is also one of the quieter catbacks, but is deeper, a bit throatier, and a little louder than the Dual/Dual. This muffler is a straight-through design and is likely the best flowing actual muffler on the market today. It is also somewhat tame with LTs and an ORY, but still has some good volume to it. The tone is very smooth, but mean. Not everyone likes how the tips both only come out the left side, but some enthusiasts such as myself love it because it is different.

Picture of the 2OTL:

Picture of the inside of the 2OTL muffler; you can see how well it would flow:
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Thanks alot that really helps i have LT's and an ofroad y-pipe and i need something quieter than what i got so ill probably get the dual/dual. Sound is getting a little annoying after i got the bigger cam.

thanks alot man
Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by badazta99
Thanks alot that really helps i have LT's and an ofroad y-pipe and i need something quieter than what i got so ill probably get the dual/dual. Sound is getting a little annoying after i got the bigger cam.

thanks alot man
Not a problem.

Dual/Dual will definitely quiet down any cammed setup with LTs and an ORY. Plus it's much easier to find. SLP discontinued the 2OTL and I went to great lengths to find mine. When I get my 2OTL put on, I'll have my Dual/Dual muffler and tailpipes up for sale. PM me if interested.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know how much louder the aftermarket SLP DD's are compared to the stock ones? I know the stock ones come with a plate that necks down to ~1.5" in the right side tailpipe, to reduce volume, and the aftermarket ones don't.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Does anyone know how much louder the aftermarket SLP DD's are compared to the stock ones? I know the stock ones come with a plate that necks down to ~1.5" in the right side tailpipe, to reduce volume, and the aftermarket ones don't.
That was only some of them. As far as I know, most didn't get that and it was mainly in the 2OTLs in 96-97.

Quick Reply: What's The Difference Between 2otl and Dual/Dual