Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Starting to want a 02-04 Z06....and actually able to afford it...should i? (financing

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to want a 02-04 Z06....and actually able to afford it...should i? (financing

Well i wish i had sold my cobra b4 i got another job so i would have just stuck to my SS/WS6 plans, buy alas, this second job has made things like "car loans" possible. In case you cant tell, i have this thing for owning the top of the line models, dont ask, i know its weird, but i do. 02-04 z06s are starting to drop to 30k and become appealing...so my question is

Should i put 10k down payment on a Z06 and take a loan out for the remaning 15-20k and have myself a nice vette....or should i just stay the hell away from banks and just stick with my Fbody idea? I know this is an ackward forum to post in, but i know most of you have owned Fbods, and was wondering what you would think would be best for a 20 year old male....insuarnce is not an issue, have a lot of cars and have gotten qouted for a rather nice price.

What would YOU do?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

I say, if you can afford it, and you really want a Z06.....go for it. I recently let my '00 mildly modded SS go and picked up an '03 Z06 with 12,524 miles on it. I really enjoyed having my SS, she was a great car, but I have not looked back. I do not regret the vette. The Z06 is an awesome car, and more fun than I thought it would be. I don't know if I could go back to not having a vette. Just remember, to get what you want and be happy. There is nothing like going halfway and "settling" for something you kind of like. If you are blessed enough to be able to afford the car payment, you might as well get what you really want and be happy with it the first time around.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Comin' Thunder
I say, if you can afford it, and you really want a Z06.....go for it. I recently let my '00 mildly modded SS go and picked up an '03 Z06 with 12,524 miles on it. I really enjoyed having my SS, she was a great car, but I have not looked back. I do not regret the vette. The Z06 is an awesome car, and more fun than I thought it would be. I don't know if I could go back to not having a vette. Just remember, to get what you want and be happy. There is nothing like going halfway and "settling" for something you kind of like. If you are blessed enough to be able to afford the car payment, you might as well get what you really want and be happy with it the first time around.

My thoughts exactly its just i get worried of horrible things happening like my one of my jobs laying me off, or a sudden decrease of work hours or something like that when it comes ot the payments. My own mother thinks, while im a total nut bag, that i should do the loan if i really think its possible...then again, the car would be parked at her house as i live there...i see her motives lol

But on the real, thanks for the advice, i wouldnt see the SS/ws6 as halfway settling, itd just be the more "Immediate" anserew to payments as i wouldnt need a loan for that. Thanks

Any other theorys?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Wow your story sounds so familiar. I was in that position 2 weeks ago, im only 20 years old and i had a 02 WS.6 with 17k miles and decided to sell it for 22,750 and got to keep about 9k for me and used it as a down payment, so i purchased my 01 Z06 with 16k miles for 30,500 this passed thursday and let me tell you this car is awsome i love it way more than my old WS.6, i dont think i have ever gotten this much attention from people because of a car, people just love the car they waive, stare and pretty much drool over it, so my advise is get the vette you will never regret it, i dont think i have ever made a better decision when it comes to cars.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Oh man,...i cant WAIT to sell my damn cobra
Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

ant other final thoughts/comments b4 this one drifts away to never see again land? thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll never be sorry for buying a Z06! Period! If that's what you want, and you can afford it, then by all means, go get one! IF you don't, you'll always wonder what it would've been like to have one.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DocT
You'll never be sorry for buying a Z06! Period! If that's what you want, and you can afford it, then by all means, go get one! IF you don't, you'll always wonder what it would've been like to have one.
yes, and BTW, the one im looking at is the same color as yours.....but its offical, im owing some bank money int he near future
Old 05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

i have also starting considering getting a vette. i am 23 and have 2 kids already and a 01 z28. i dont think that i will get 1 though cause i dont want to be paying car payments for the rest of my life. i notice that you live at home, maybe you should consider moving out or something also, you just gotta weigh your options.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DocT
I agree! You will be glad you did!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I too used to have an F-Body (Camaro SS), switched to a C5 and never looked back. I went with a Coupe instead of the Z06, and with a few tasteful mods I have the best of both worlds ---- similar sound and power, better mileage, quieter ride, lower insurance.

Whatever your choice is, you won't regret it.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

Someday you are going to DIE!!!

You might as well get the Corvette and live your spot on this Earth in the best possible way. Get the Zo6.

Quick Reply: Starting to want a 02-04 Z06....and actually able to afford it...should i? (financing