Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals with 3" Borla

Old 05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question True Duals with 3" Borla

So I was thinking about buying a catback then i remembered my freind had his old set up from his shoebox nova in his shop still. It was the stainless 3 inch in out borla mufflers. Do you think this would be way too loud on a basicly stock Z/28? I have most of the free mods and a lid, bellow, and filter not like that matters. I want the car to sound mean but not stupid loud. My freind had a 02 mustang Gt that he put an h-pipe and 2 flowmasters on and it was annoying for long drives. It would scream at 2000 rpm. I was also going to leave the cats on. DO you think if i went to 2.5 inch pipe instead of 3 it would tone it down a little bit? Thanks for all the help guys!!

Last edited by smg267; 05-16-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: messed somthin up.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TDs are going to be loud regardless if they're dumped. If you run them out the back, you can cut down on some of the interior noise, but it'll cost ya some $$. My '02 Z had 3" TDs and dumped 1-chamber Flowmasters and it was damn loud/annoying cruising at 70 down the highway, but it was still worth it

Search this Thread