Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

just installed procharger, stumbling off idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed procharger, stumbling off idle

just installed my procharger d1sc 8 rib tuner kit, i had my programmer over and we got the car idling perfect, in neutral reving the car is fine, no hesitation whatsoever. the problem is when its under load driving. giving the car any gas it has a massive hesitation at any rpm. my programmer put in a program from this site to see if it would correct the problem and it did not help. he cut the fuel down and that diddent help either. I checked all my hoses and connections several times and everything looks good. its set up for 8 psi on a 2000 pontiac trans am 6 speed with a 255 liter pump. is the problem fuel possibly, thats what ati thinks but there tech line wasent very helpful. any help with this would be appriciated, im dying to beat the living crap out of this thing!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

Is your MAF screen removed? If it is, put it back in.

I had the SAME exact problem when I first installed mine. The screen fixed it
Old 05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

If you were running rich while tuning you may have gotten fuel on the 02 sensors and they are on their way out. See if you can get your 02's read on ls1edit. I am just trying to give you options. I would check the MAF, and then the 02's. I had a problem with my car stumbling, but idiling fine. had bad 02's, changed them and the problem went away.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 02's very well could be shot, I have seen them be the culprit many times. Get a wide band air/fuel gauge connected on the car, and make sure at wide open throttle the air/fuel is at 11.5/1. I would also use a fuel pressure gauge. At idle you should see 58 to 60 psi, and at wide open throttle it is normal to see the fuel pressure drop approx 4 psi. Bob
Old 05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did not remove the screen, the car ran perfectly before the supercharger and Im pretty sure when my tuner was over the o2s were reading fine. is it possible it is way too lean?
Old 05-17-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

if you're pretty sure the o2s are fine i'll say it's lean,that is no good ! tune her quickly.

Quick Reply: just installed procharger, stumbling off idle