LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Problems with QTP's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with QTP's

I just got a call from American Racing Headers.

Seems MY F-ING QTP's dont want to fit correctly. They are banging on EVERYTHING.

They are forced to redesign them ( American Racing ).

And... to find out.. QTP NOW HAS THEIR HEADERS MADE IN CHINA. Thats why the cost is down and thats why EVERYONE has fitment issues.

If I didnt wait so long and ALREADY pay American Racing to start this job.. I would have shipped them back and bought KOOKS.

Oh wait.. QTP has a 20% restocking fee. I guess they know their product is GARBAGE now.

*** QTP
Old 05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry you feel this way! QTP is a sponser here, send them a PM to "Quick Time". I'm sure they will make it right for you if the headers won't fit right.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

yeah I sent them an email.

Its not how I FEEL. It is a fact that their headers are not fitting right. This is complete bullshit that we waited 3 MONTHS for something that I now have to PAY TO HAVE FIXED.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you get your information about their headers being manufactured in China?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

A close friend of Barrys.... Kooks.. American Racing Headers.. and a few others that Didnt want me to say they told me (hence me not saying which friend of barry's).
Old 05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They claimed part of the price drop was that they were now buying the HVMC's mass produced from someone else instead of making them in house. I don't see the whole shabangs being built in China, though I could be wrong.

Send them a PM or call!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, there must be something wrong with my eyes. Because i watched them make there headers. And i didnt even need a passport . So your info is way off. You do know kooks and american racing are QTPs competition. So why would anything they said be truthful. I think you need to come off a little better on this if you want to resolve this situtation. Coming in guns blazing doesnt help. So relax take a breath and go about this like adult and it will all work out right.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Banned

Really? YOu watched them make these headers? If this is true, When was this?

Coming in "guns blazing" is WELL deserved.

HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE QTP PROBLEMS LATELY? Is this how a business is run? Going about this like an adult? LOL. I paid money, waited an entirely too long of a time for my headers, had them installed and the product YET AGAIN was faulty. Yeah, blame me for being pissed off.

As for the China thing.. This isnt just coming from American Racing.. so if you are a backer of qtp, thats fine.. but dont tell me my sources are way off. They arent just coming from the competition.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, i have seen them make there headers. Maybe a month or two ago. Stop by there warehouse everyonce and a while. So i would not beleive everything you hear. Just what you see, and i have seen it.

My headers went right in and i have seen a FEW people have problems lately. But i think your going about it the wrong way. Did you call them before you posted this thread? I bet they would have taken care of the problem. I understand your pissed. but do you think they would want to help you out by blasting them and making false statments about them. I would not.
This is my opinion, just saying take a breath and work it out with them.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

I appreciate the quick reply. If my information is wrong.. I will GLADLY take it down. I will reconfirm the information tomorrow and if I am wrong, will gladly admit it. For right now.. I am forced to believe it. But I do take your advice and story not with a grain of salt.

Now for the second part.. FEW people is underestimating it. Check all the boards. There are more then a few with QTP problems right now.

As for calling them. No need. They didnt want to answer my calls or my emails when I was in the process of waiting for my headers.. Now they dont fit I am supposed to go out of my way and try and get ahold of them to make good on this? No point really. I had my old headers off.. already paid the company to put the qtp's on and since they went on but banged EVERYTHING they had to take them off. I am not paying them to put my old headers back on and then have to ship the qtp's out and wait for them to come back hopefully fixed so I can repay the company again to put them on.

I am in the middle of a big true dual job (custom fab mandrel bending over the axel) right now and I cant afford my car being down again.

Taking a breath would be the answer if this didnt just cost me a boat load of money.

Kooks is located 15 minutes from me. I should have just gone with them. But QTP had the HVMC so I chose that route. MISTAKE.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wyckedcamaro
Really? YOu watched them make these headers? If this is true, When was this?

Coming in "guns blazing" is WELL deserved.

HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE QTP PROBLEMS LATELY? Is this how a business is run? Going about this like an adult? LOL. I paid money, waited an entirely too long of a time for my headers, had them installed and the product YET AGAIN was faulty. Yeah, blame me for being pissed off.

As for the China thing.. This isnt just coming from American Racing.. so if you are a backer of qtp, thats fine.. but dont tell me my sources are way off. They arent just coming from the competition.
COMPLETELY agree with this... i too waited 3 months for my headers with everyone telling me i'd be happy once i got them... i believed them... why? I have no idea

My headers took like 4 hours of struggling, sweat, bangin stuff, scratchin stuff... cutting part of the body, removing the engine mounts so we could pry the engine from the body to make more room for the headers to fit... raising my car more then i felt safe... then they finally got in... then the bolt holes didnt line up so we had to take it out and hone out the holes wider... threw it back on... then the bung holes for the AIR and EGR didnt even come close to lining up where they were supposed to be... checked out the stockers and they are no where near where they are supposed to be... its like someone didnt even keep in mind an f-body when making these headers... so we made custom block off plates and removed AIR and EGR which i didnt really want to do...

Ok so now we're installing y-pipe 3 days later... 0000000000000000000 clearance whatsoever... i couldnt fit a finger between the ground and the y-pipe (dual QTECS) which ill probably have to return cause im afraid to break the motors on them... So we heated up parts of the pipe and tried to bend the pipe upward to get more clearance... got an inch maybe... so then we had to weld where the y-pipe and the rest of the catback come together cause it was drooping down... so that gave us like a total of maybe 4 inches.... so i have about 4 inches of clearance... cant make it over one dam speednump without scratching the hell out of my ORY. SOOOOOOOOO now im tryin to save up for an adjustable suspension so i can adjust ride height when i need to... OHHHHHHHHH not to mention my steering colum rides up against my headers.... cant barely steer so now i gotta work on that tomorrow night... OVERALL HEADER INSTALL FROM HELLLLLLLL! QTP SUCKS *** PERIOD! no one will EVER convince me otherwise... 2 week fking header installl... someone shoot me
Old 05-16-2006, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what exactly is "everything"?????
also you should have called QTP
Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

You should have contacted QTP before posting. Thats just common sense.
If I buy something and its wrong or not right, I call the company that I purchased it from and discuss with them before talking noise about them on the internet. There have been a few issues with the headers lately, but there have been with any company. A few errors seem to slip through from time to time, and I'm sure they would have helped you out.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

as i read the nightmares that birdman and wycked went through i can't help but open my mouth and say that:
a. either im really lucky, or
b. QTP made some headers incorrectly

My header install was far from a breeze. But most of the time consuming efforts can be attributed not to the actual headers themselves, but rather: my lack of tools, lack of a lift, lack of mechanical skill, and a very tight fitting engine bay. Yeah my header install took me like 15 hours (worked straight, didnt want to lose focus), yeah it was a bitch to get the headers in, but i did it. Granted, one thing that struck me as odd was the fact that my drivers side header would not fit. It just wouldn't fit without a BFH. It was getting stuck on everything on the way up and eventually i got it stuck and decided that i would have to hammer it up from under the car into position. I scratched my headers yes, but nothing other than cosmetics was damaged. Thats fine with me. Thus far the header fitment seems to be ok. I have about 3/4" of space b/ween my header and the steering linkage. As i stated my install wasn't all that bad, i feel for the guys in the above posts because i would be uber f'n pissed if my headers didn't fit after waiting over three months for them. I would like to say that i am not a representative for QTP or anything of the sort, just a regular joe with a now very nice sounding car Good luck guys. Hope it all works out.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

when i insatalled my QTP's (the old style) went right into place and worked great!! I just installed a new set in my buddys car and he too waited very long and passenger side hit the k member and drivers side was a B***h to get in, i had to pry it away from the head and jam it in there. Mine i did in 4hrs and paid more but my buddy paid less and took us almost 10hrs to do . I rather pay mroe for a good product. I have met barry and talked to him a number of times.... great guy, but he dissapointed me with his new product
Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Barry from QTP said you have not called him. Please do so.

In future, do not post rant threads BEFORE you have had a conversation with a given vendor. All you do is rile folks up who are not involved, and you ruin your relationship with the vendor.

*EDIT*
For the record, QTP makes the headers in the US.

Quick Reply: Problems with QTP's