Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my car!

I've posted before about my oil pressure gauge issues... and it turns out that the result is that I have a pinched wire somewhere... however.... on top of that, when I'm driving now... at low speeds and low acceleration... it's like the car will completely shut off while in gear... as if there is no motor running or anything then it will violently start and go then cut off.... it's really bad.... at WOT it's like all I hear are backfires out the exhaust. I don't know what to think. My check engine light came on.... it threw a few codes....

Intake Manifold Absolute Pressurer Low
MAF issue
and some code the predator didn't recognize
Old 05-16-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I got the manifold code when I forgot to plug in the sensor on the back of the intake.

Make sure that the plug in is in place...as well as the small breather line.

Limp it into advance or another auto parts store and have them scan your car also...they can pick up everything.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Launching!

which sensor is it exactly you are talking about?
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

It sounds like your MAP sensor based on the codes. It's the sensor in the very back of the intake towards the passenger side. You might have to replace it. It's like $50 from Advanced. It took a flashlight, a mirror to even see the thing, and something to pry the tab holding it palce out of the way. It took 30-45 minutes to get it off and only 5 to snap it back in place.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Launching!

could that have to do with why my oil pressure gage is fucked up? or is that a seperate issue?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow01TA
It sounds like your MAP sensor based on the codes. It's the sensor in the very back of the intake towards the passenger side. You might have to replace it. It's like $50 from Advanced. It took a flashlight, a mirror to even see the thing, and something to pry the tab holding it palce out of the way. It took 30-45 minutes to get it off and only 5 to snap it back in place.
FOrtunately my motor isn't as far back as yours is :-P
Old 05-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MagikMan
could that have to do with why my oil pressure gage is fucked up? or is that a seperate issue?
I honestly don't know, I forgot where the oil pressure sending unit is. If your gage is messed up, I'd probably look at that first and then think about replacing the gauge. Other than that, I don't know
Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

The oil pressure sending unit is right behind the intake on the block. It is probably within an inch of the intake manifold sensor.

Something is going on back their from when the intake was installed. Pull your intake and check/replace both of those sensors (intake&oil). then make sure the intake is torqued down correctly. Make sure you dont damage the sensors and that they are plugged in correctly on the re-install.
And then go from their.

As for the maf...maybe it is dirty. try cleaning it very carefully. If that doesnt work..then replace the bitch

Thats what I would do.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Launching!

ok thanks everyone... I'll let you all know