Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snap On Programmer? Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Snap On Programmer? Quick Question

Does anyone have any info on the snap on programmer.
I need my speedo adjusted for the 3.73s and this local shop says he can do it with the snap on programmer. Since I have never heard of it I'm kinda of scared of letting him do it. Anyhow if he does change my speedo will it mess with my current tunning at all ?
Any info appreciated.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone ????????ttt
Old 05-17-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

never knew snap-on made a programmer... I thought it was just a scanner

Do you know a model number?

changing gears is a simple tweak (especially for an M6 where you're only really concerned w/the speedo), maybe someone else in Corpus Christi (assuming that's what C.C. is?) can hook you up for some beer or something?
Old 05-17-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I dont have any info on thr program. And I dont wanna let sumeone who I dont really know mess with the computer on my car. I wish I knew sumone with HP tuners here in Corpus Christi, TX. If anyone from this board is local and has HP tuners send me a PM. I would most defintely pay for the work. Thanx
Old 05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He should have no problem with the Snap-on. It or Ease or any other programmer should be fine. All use the same software and all are J2534.

The only problem is if you are trying to go with a odd ratio or tire combination that GM did not offer for the vehicle you are working on. SPS will not let you choose any combination or do "raw" editing or adjustment like any of the Tuning software will, as in EFI, HPT, Etc.

But in your case it should be no problem. All he needs to do is a "RECONFIGURE".

MAJOR EDIT: I read right over your line about "will it mess with your current tune". If he does not choose reconfigure it will overwrite your tune with the stock file. Other than that, it should be fine. It is so much easier the EFI, HPT, or TC though. Sometimes SPS gives you a problem with the VCI # or something!

Last edited by DynoDR; 05-17-2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as it can extract, modify, and reflash your current file, it will be fine. However, if it works like a Predator unit or something like that, that extracts the current tune, and replaces it with a preset tune (which is the only modifiable one), then you will have the correct gear ratio, but no other attributes of your previous file.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking I should wait.........Oh well I'm goin to look around locally sum more first.
Thanx for the help people..............
will what wheels are on ur vette ? I cant tell if they are the ROH snypers or Iforged.

Quick Reply: Snap On Programmer? Quick Question