? about LT-1 overheating

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about LT-1 overheating

friend of mine was asking what are the chances his heads could have warped from overheating. i have no clue but he does have one bad head gasket. he'd also like to know best place to get a new gasket, i told him the GM gaskets are what i'd get but he's on a budget. apperantly this all happend while he was at boot camp and he came home to this and the heads and manifold are off the car but his mom didn't want to pay $600 to get it put back together. is that about a good a price he'll find.

thanks for any help
Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white man
friend of mine was asking what are the chances his heads could have warped from overheating. i have no clue but he does have one bad head gasket. he'd also like to know best place to get a new gasket, i told him the GM gaskets are what i'd get but he's on a budget. apperantly this all happend while he was at boot camp and he came home to this and the heads and manifold are off the car but his mom didn't want to pay $600 to get it put back together. is that about a good a price he'll find.

thanks for any help

Get fel pro gaskets, and get the heads resurfaced, it'll hopefully be fine. They'll be able to tell him @ the machine shop if the heads are good.