LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 final balance and new 3.750 crank issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 final balance and new 3.750 crank issue

My question is does the factory crank not have a keyway in the end of the crank for the hub. I just received a call from the machine shop they are trying to final balance the crank and seem to be a little confused on how or why the hub that mounts to the crank that the balancer bolts to does not have a keyway. They are saying it is considerable out of balance if it was originally neutral balance from the factory. I will replace it with a new one but I have been waiting for one off ebay for over 4 weeks so I just decided to through the original back on so I can start assembling my 383.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

That is currect, neutral balanced and the stock crank has a slot, but the hub does not.

I purchased a keyed hub from one of the vendors a few years back, IRS or Thunder racing? Sorry, can't remember for sure.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Thanks we got it figured out tonight. The following was found at the manufactures website:
(Note: Balances at 1830 to 1850 grams with standard weighted flywheel, neutral standard balancer and one piece Mallory in #1 counterweight).
Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: LT1 final balance and new 3.750 crank issue