Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

just went off roading in my vette...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just went off roading in my vette...

was doing about 60mph on cruise controll and the wind was picking up big time, a huge bundle of tumble weeds and trash blew onto the road and was gonna hit my car square, not wanting to repaint the front of the car, I shot the gap between a road marker and the tumbleweed, had an open patch of gravel to go on and no oncoming traffic for some ways, could hear the rocks getting pelted on the bottom of the car and exhaust but I had to turn or I would go into some more weeds and cactus, so I did a nice high speed dirt drift and slid sideways back onto the road (I auto-x so controlled slides is common), looked behind me and saw a huge clowd of dust, car felt fine w/no funny noises, crossing my fingers hoping nothing got damaged under the car, I got home and faaaak, the kick pannel below the pass. door is going to need repainted, and a few touch up's on the bottom of the pass. door also, when I turned to the right it must have kicked up all the rocks, jacked the car up and the underneath looks good, no dents, cracks, or visible broken parts, had to pick some twigs out of the radiator though, this sucks, just venting my frustrations now.... I had another car throw a rock up at my drivers side door a while ago and the bottom of that needs some touch up also, the pewter hides little imperfections well but I'm sick of allways having new paint chips.., I just want to respray the whole thing allready, had an ideaw about doing a dark candy red w/flames wraping the front and checkerd flags wraping the sides and rear, mite az well go crazy huh.....
Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear but Id just fix it . All you would need for the flames and checkerd flag paint is a 250 mph wing and you could hang out with the imports. HAHA just screwin with you.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wooooooooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

hold on bobby joe,...this is gonna be a ride!

lol. Sorry, i'm retarded, and still working.... so.

Glad your car isn't too bad man. Nice save.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That blows man, but good car control, if you do repaint get as much as possible 3m'd, so next time it will just chip the guard and not the paint, I just had my car done.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PA Z06
That blows man, but good car control, if you do repaint get as much as possible 3m'd, so next time it will just chip the guard and not the paint, I just had my car done.

if I repaint I'm gonna load the clear, the chips I have now arent just paint chips, the scratches go right through the primer and fingernail deep into the fiberglast....