Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing nose and rear valance

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removing nose and rear valance

how hard is it to remove the nose and rear bumper cover for an 02 camaro? im looking to stratigetly remove some weight. i dont wont to remove the crash bars but maybee put a few well placed holes in them to shed some pounds. i probally remove some inner fender material to well im at it. what do you think i can lose weight wise and have somewhat of a bar and bumper support. this isnt a max effort drag car, just a 5000 mile a year fun mobile. my target weight is to have the car weigh in at 3100 or less. ill ditch some plastic while im in there also. is it hard to put it back together lined up right? are new pins required or reusing the originals ok? thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Removing the front and rear bumper supports weigh around 50lbs together, the body panels are easy to line back up, there really isn't a way to put them on without them being perfectly lined up. I reused my original plastic push pins, so be careful with them. A lot of guys on the forum have fabbed up new supports out of aluminum which might be an idea for you to try, you can also trim some of the excess plastic under there that is just flapping in the wind after removing the supports, you can also remove your front wheel wells, I took mine out and I know GM Muscle did too.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do you think its worth some hole saw action? to keep some bar?