Sponsored by:

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice

Ok, Ive had a bad week
It all started last weekend, sat. night i was on my way home from south florida. My transmission, out of no where just died.
so i took it to AAMCO (bad mistake). They told me the whole tranny needed to be rebuilt including a new TC.
So they worked on it for 3 days, "rebuilt the tranny front to back" $2500!!. I picked it up, and put 60 miles on it, and it seemed to be driving good.

I get on the turnpike to head home, and 10 miles downthe road it dies again!
I have to get a flat bed to come pick me and and bring it back to aamco(have a warranty). When the tow guy tilts it up to put it on the truck, a good 1-2 quarts of tranny fluid came pouring out.

So this monday, Icall them up, and they havn't gotten to it yet, tuesday they finally get around to looking at it, and tell me the tail housing messed up, and they overnight a new tailhousing. Wednesday (today) now they say the drive shaft is off balance and that may have caused the tail housing to malfunction. Now I felt no vibration while driving before it dumped the second time. I think they are trying to blame their mistake on something else.

so finally i had to tell them to just fix the tranny and im not giving them anymore money. I am really fed up with this, and im now going to miss a total of 4 days of work because of their screw up.

Help me out guys, i don't know what to do and i can't afford to put any more money into this tranny. I have a 1 year-12000 mile warranty on this one, im hoping i can make it home tomarrow.

thanks
JD
Old 05-18-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, well ur not alone in getting screwd....i havent had my car for FOUR WEEKS....i had my oil pump go out which spun some bearings and my cars under warranty to....warranty company wouldnt approve anything despite 4 gm techs sayn stuff, unless they broke the engine down completely...well finally get a engine..and its got shavings in the pan so my mechanic sent it back and now im waiting on my next motor.....ooo the only reason they sent a new motor...becuase the warranty rep just wanted to replace bearings...is because i got on the phone threatened him with civil suite, and explained how i was in law enforcement.....next day i get the rebuilt one...which was broke....anyways man u gotta lay the law down....tell them that this is how its gonna be, u paid ur money and thats the bottom line they play ball or u take it to the next level....and esp. threaten to call general managers.....this is how the business world works
Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by staringback05
wow, well ur not alone in getting screwd....i havent had my car for FOUR WEEKS....i had my oil pump go out which spun some bearings and my cars under warranty to....warranty company wouldnt approve anything despite 4 gm techs sayn stuff, unless they broke the engine down completely...well finally get a engine..and its got shavings in the pan so my mechanic sent it back and now im waiting on my next motor.....ooo the only reason they sent a new motor...becuase the warranty rep just wanted to replace bearings...is because i got on the phone threatened him with civil suite, and explained how i was in law enforcement.....next day i get the rebuilt one...which was broke....anyways man u gotta lay the law down....tell them that this is how its gonna be, u paid ur money and thats the bottom line they play ball or u take it to the next level....and esp. threaten to call general managers.....this is how the business world works
Thanks, yeah, believe it or not im still having problems with them.

I was hoping some of the transmition guys would chime in. My biggest thing is that I think I would have fealt a bad vibration if the drive shaft was off balance enough to crack that rear housing? Im in the process of getting in touch with aamco corporate, and Im trying to get some money back for their screw up. Any advice on what to tell them?

Thanks
JD
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

I feel so sorry for you. You got trully ripped. Good luck bro.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, after all that, now My tranny just jumps out of gear on me yesterday with a nice loud BANG. put it in N, then back in D, goes back into gear. I go down the road as easy as I can, come to a stop sign, then start to go across the street, pops out again with another BANG. HAd to turn the car off and restart it to get it to go into gear.

Im really getting tired of that sick feeling you get when something major happens to the car. This will be the third time the trans has gone out.
What can I do? I have a warranty, but AAMCO sucks, they don't return calls, they treat you like ****. I want to call the corp. office and make them rent me a car this time, cause you know its going to be in the shop for a week being warranty work. Should I call a lawyer? what can I do?

JD