Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooking on the street

Old 05-18-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking on the street

What are some combos that you guys are using that hook on the street? Can any of you guys leave on the spray on the street? What about transbrake?

Looking for some starting points.

Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

I am interested in this thread as well. I plan to have my car on the street a good bit on Saturday nights and I doubt very seriously that its even gonna come close to hooking..

There are some guys that can leave on the spray.. I guess it all just depends on what kind of power you are making and if you are running a 6spd or auto.. Guys with mild setups can probably do it, but the guys with strokers and big inch motors would have a hard time.. Especially using a t-brake..
Old 05-18-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

My car will spin on the street but it still leaves harder than all the cars I have street raced so far. I'm running 28x11.5x15 hoosier QTP's still on stock shocks. You can make the car hook on the street though, there are a few on here that may chime in that can pull the wheels on the street.

Last edited by SPEEDYws6; 05-18-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Charles-

My junk seems to do perty fair on the street on the 100 hit.... getting "some" spin.... more like a light hazing. Tell Secret Squirrel he's gonna have to heat the tires a bit more, and to put a hair more preload in that rear bar... soften up the rear shocks some more. I think they're set too tight for that combo on the street.... try the tires at around 10-12 psi.

Speaking of tires.... a buck says they're done.... too much street/heat/ time. They've lost their "temper". Just gonna have to play w/it some more. Need to be filming the launches to see how the tire/chassis are reacting to the hit. For what that heap weighs and has under it, it "should" be able to leave hard all day.

As for a braked launch on the street..... Moreland or the "HOLE". Anywhere else is a wet dream. JMHFUO
Old 05-20-2006, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Hey Charles-

My junk seems to do perty fair on the street on the 100 hit.... getting "some" spin.... more like a light hazing. Tell Secret Squirrel he's gonna have to heat the tires a bit more, and to put a hair more preload in that rear bar... soften up the rear shocks some more. I think they're set too tight for that combo on the street.... try the tires at around 10-12 psi.

Speaking of tires.... a buck says they're done.... too much street/heat/ time. They've lost their "temper". Just gonna have to play w/it some more. Need to be filming the launches to see how the tire/chassis are reacting to the hit. For what that heap weighs and has under it, it "should" be able to leave hard all day.

As for a braked launch on the street..... Moreland or the "HOLE". Anywhere else is a wet dream. JMHFUO

weve went through all that stuff already.. pretty sure its not the tires, they have maybe 15 launches on them.. 10 of which were testing on the street.

Search this Thread