Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Recommendations for shops in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for shops in Atlanta

Hello all. I'm planning a heads/cam setup for my '04 Z06 and I was hoping for a recommendation of a shop or qualified individual near the Atlanta area. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

Two places come to mind....

On the north west side MK Performance. Matt does top notch work including turbo/blower installs. Plenty of 'Vette experience. (00TurboT/A)

On the North east side Ken (SS rally red) is well known has has helped many Georgians with head/cam/anything installs.

Hope this helps. I turn my own wrenches, but "if" I had to, one of these two people would get my business. ~Joshua
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Two places come to mind....

On the north west side MK Performance. Matt does top notch work including turbo/blower installs. Plenty of 'Vette experience. (00TurboT/A)

On the North east side Ken (SS rally red) is well known has has helped many Georgians with head/cam/anything installs.

Hope this helps. I turn my own wrenches, but "if" I had to, one of these two people would get my business. ~Joshua
I would definately get in contact with SS rally red. They do great work!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TheOrangeGuy
I would definately get in contact with SS rally red. They do great work!

Thanks Patrick
Old 05-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to try and get in touch with your recommendations over the next few weeks and hopefully find someone I'm comfortable with. I haven’t lived here very long and am not at all familiar with who's who in this region so I really appreciate the advice. On past build-ups my friends and I would do most of the work but since I moved to Atlanta I don't seem to have much time let alone access to a shop and my buddies to help. I'm trying to find someone who's honest and fair with their pricing. I really find it ridiculous what some corvette specific shops want to charge... seems like some want twice what you’d expect to pay for an F-body build up. I'd rather take the car back to Houston than be robbed. LOL. Thanks again guys.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Josh.

Hey (WILSON) shoot me a PM when your ready to do something and what your wanting to put on the car as far as parts and I can get you a price or call the shop number below. Talk to ya later man.

Thanks Matt
MK Performance
(678) 517 9986
Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MK Performance does great work with awesome customer service. I am planning on having him do a h/c package in my WS6 when I get the $$$. Matt will treat you right and you will have zero problems with his work.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

MK Performace! Matt is awesome and does great work. He helped completely rebuild my totaled car. Nearly everything had to be changed on it. He won't overcharge you or rip you off on his work. You should definetly give him a call.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can run it by our shop we have done lots of heads/ cam installs we had cam only C5 busting a z06's with some mods A** he knows who he is "turbo t/a" but it would help if the car had a good driver! Or Contact Cammin BeaSSt (ron) he can do it.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 400hp ss
You can run it by our shop we have done lots of heads/ cam installs we had cam only C5 busting a z06's with some mods A** he knows who he is "turbo t/a" but it would help if the car had a good driver! Or Contact Cammin BeaSSt (ron) he can do it.
I have my TURBO car here anytime you wanna run it.I also never ran that C5 other than through a couple of curves. It been awhile now let the past stuff be past stuff and lets all grow up and run our buisnesses adam. Good luck with your turbo car. When its done we should run shop car VS shop at the track. It will be fun
Old 05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00TurboT/A
I have my TURBO car here anytime you wanna run it.I also never ran that C5 other than through a couple of curves. It been awhile now let the past stuff be past stuff and lets all grow up and run our buisnesses adam. Good luck with your turbo car. When its done we should run shop car VS shop at the track. It will be fun

I am just messing with you. no harm. We heard that you opened a shop cool! If you ever need to put a car on the dyno let me know and we can make you a deal. We have a turbo t/a that we are building now so we can play with it when we get done with it.

later.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

PM Cammin BeaSSt
Old 05-23-2006, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 400hp ss
I am just messing with you. no harm. We heard that you opened a shop cool! If you ever need to put a car on the dyno let me know and we can make you a deal. We have a turbo t/a that we are building now so we can play with it when we get done with it.

later.
Thats cool man. Good luck with the dyno and the turbo T/A.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for shops in Atlanta