Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning for idle quality, ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning for idle quality, ???'s

My car starts and idles fine when it's cold, if I start it warm it surges from 500-1300 rpm and I have to bump the throttle when the rpm's are decresing to catch it near 1000. After about 30 seconds of this, it idles normal again. I don't have a tuner, but does anyone have an idea what could be causing this to hapen only when it's warm? Also, I've had the $4000 dyno tune, but how much would it cost to only have the idle adjusted. I'd go back to the shop that originally tuned it, but I've moved halfway across the country. Thanks for any answers.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find someone local with a compatible year HPTuners. You most likely just need to get your running air flow inline. Adding a little timing may help smoothen your idle too.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i completely agree with guitsboy. I just had the same problem tuning the cam in sig...adding some running airflow... or desired airflow in EFILIVE straightened the problem out... i now have a rock steady idle with no fluctuations... but i assure you that i know exactly what you are talking about as i just dealt with it yesterday...

Louie