Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Filter Oiling Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filter Oiling Question

Team:

I bought Holley oil filter cleaning kit that comes with liquid oil and cleaner spray. I have 2 questions:

1) Does the cleaner spray remove exisiting oil also incase I applied too much oil and want to rewash and reoil?

2) Would it hurt to apply oil on both sides of filter......as far as I don't use excess oil ...since from filter perspective its essentially the same cotton that is absorbing oil in the filter. WHy woukld it matter which side u put it in (inlet/outlet) I did this as it fills up filter blue faster with oil.

Pls update

THx

Adnan
Old 01-07-2003, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Filter Oiling Question

1st question- The cleaner will remove the oil period. Factory oil, your oil, it don't mater. If you spray the cleaner on it, it will remove the oil.
2nd question- It doesn't matter which side you oil, it will soak in. People just say not to oil both sides because you might be more likely to over oil the filter if you did it that way.
Your question is kinda hard to follow. So if I didn't answer what you were asking, try to specify more.
BTW, is the oil you have come in a spray bottle or a applicator? If it's in a spray can, just spray it on in a up and down{verticaly with the pleats} motion. Just don't go crazy with it.
If it's in a applicator, just sqeeze it on each pleat in the same manner. Go easy on it as the applicator type is easier to over oil with.
Did my best.