Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TEXtralia OZ700 x or z grip? New Slave?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEXtralia OZ700 x or z grip? New Slave?

Ok so Ive made up my mind to go with the TEXtrailia clutch but was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the X and Z grip. Id assume the X is more for the street and the Z for the track but can any one verify this?

Im not sure if I need a new slave cylinder either. my car is an 02 with ~43K on the clock. Any help would be appreciated... I did do a search but couldnt find the answer... thanks

Ryan
Old 05-19-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't know about the Textrailia but you should replace your throwout bearing and your slave with the clutch. It would also be wise to get yourself some ARP pressure plate bolts #330-2802. With your listed mods I would get an LS7 clutch kit and save yourself a bundle.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

With my listed mods Im sure its more than enough... its the future plans I have that I want it for...
Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyRy
Ok so Ive made up my mind to go with the TEXtrailia clutch but was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the X and Z grip. Id assume the X is more for the street and the Z for the track but can any one verify this?
i was wondering the same thing. does anyone want to shed some light on the subject?
Textrailia's website is pretty vague.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I have the 0Z700 and it is designed for street cars with up to 600 or so hp. I have talked with Jeff several times, he never mentioned the X brand. The kit comes with the slave and PP bolts, what you do need to buy if you'd like is the flywheel bolts and a master.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah, as stated above, the kit comes with everything you could ever want, except flywheel bolts, a new master cylinder, and some RED loctite. It comes with clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, GM slave cyl, throwout bearing, alignment tool, ARP pressure plate bolts, and probably some other stuff i'm forgetting. My oz700 is going great right now, and feels like a stock clutch. It makes a little noise, but i dont think anybody else notices it. I only have about 400hp at the wheels, but i should be up to about 550-600 pretty soon, so we'll see how it does with that much.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
yeah, as stated above, the kit comes with everything you could ever want, except flywheel bolts, a new master cylinder, and some RED loctite. It comes with clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, GM slave cyl, throwout bearing, alignment tool, ARP pressure plate bolts, and probably some other stuff i'm forgetting. My oz700 is going great right now, and feels like a stock clutch. It makes a little noise, but i dont think anybody else notices it. I only have about 400hp at the wheels, but i should be up to about 550-600 pretty soon, so we'll see how it does with that much.
I didn't know you could buy a kit without a flywheel. I have the new laser welded billet flywheel. They only sell it that way..........

Quick Reply: TEXtralia OZ700 x or z grip? New Slave?