General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

washed/waxed my car today for about 5 hours while keepin the key over on accessories (the one click backwards in the ignition) so i culd listen to the radio - everything went fine. done it before just fine. initially, i was at the spicket washin my car, then waxed for a bit while listenin to the radio, then decided to move my car under the shade. started up just beautifully. finished waxin her, an now she wont start! all i hear is a rapid clicking sound. all my electronics work just fine. when i use my remote lock feature, i hear a "click-click" instead of the normal "honk-honk". popped the hood up an tried to find it - sounds like its comin from the left side, near my battery. its like the horn is tryin to blow, but only does it sometimes...

wut happened??? my buddy says i may need a new solenoid (sp?), which wuld be a cheaper alternative to gettin a new starter. wuld that work? i tried jumpin the car, but apparently that didnt work either.. maybe i didnt let it sit long enuf with the cables on? only let it sit for like...30sec.

any help wuld be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rapid clicking sound on start normally means battery low voltage/connections. Can you check with a digital volt meter?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i feel stupid... im sorry i bothered u guys with this

turns out, i didnt let the jumpers stay on long enuf to charge up my battery the first time... went back, let it sit for about 5 min charging, an she had that same sexxxy purr she normally does... everything's cool now.

i feel stupid