Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Amp Install Write Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Amp Install Write Up

Is there a write up anywhere explaining how to install an amp to run a sub box, with the stock monsoon system?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Is there a write up anywhere explaining how to install an amp to run a sub box, with the stock monsoon system?
there probably is but im too lazy to find it, so i will just tell ya. what you will need is a pac-oem1 interface. its a little black box that allows you to tap in-line to the factory speaker wires and run RCA cables to your amp. you do NOT want to tap into the rear hatch speakers. here is why, the monsoon amp high-passes the signal to these speakers. therefore, if you tap into that line, you will not get the frequencies you want (the lows). you will want to tap into speaker wires behind the headunit and run RCA's to the rear or wherever you hav your amp. next step, runing the power wire from the battery. there is a small grommet in the firewall on teh passsenger side underneath the PCM. you will need to take the passenger side kickpanel out and the pcm, but once you do that you will see exactly what i am talkin about. put a fuse less than 18" from teh battery. just run the wires thru the firewall and along the baseboard, behind the sail panels and to the rear of the car. next step, grround wire. polish a spot of the frame down to the BARE METAL. this is important to keep noise out of your system. also, keep the grounds as short as feasibly possible. i have heard that this doesnt matter, but its just a good idea anyway. ok, now you need the remote turn on lead to turn the amp on. i honestly cant remember which wire to tap into for that but since i had a TA, i THINK we tapped into the antenna wire for when the radio turn on. if you have a Z, im not sure. sonow you hvae the RCA, power and ground, and turn-on lead. you should be set to mount your amp and just run speaker wires to your sub box. hope that helps!! also, if you need fbody help for stereo, check out www.fbodyaudio.com its a slow site but they offer good help good luck!
Old 05-20-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks!