Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much HP am I losing? (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How much HP am I losing? (pic)

All 8 intake runners are like this...I know this happens with ported heads. I see people porting that little piece of plastic on their FAST intakes, this looks as if it would block flow a little more...should I cut the ends of my rocker bolts or just leave them...if only costing me 1-2 HP, I'd probably just leave them as is.
TIA
Attached Thumbnails How much HP am I losing? (pic)-intakerunner.jpg  
Old 05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure how much it's hurting in terms of horsepower, but in flow I'd bet it's taking up about 4-5 cfm. I actually JUST got done cutting the ends off of my bolts and making them flush up against the intake wall. If you do end up cutting the bolts and making them flush against the top, you'll need to number the bolts because if you mismatch them, the won't be flush anymore. I tried mismatching them and it didn't work. What I did was engrave a number on each intake rocker bolt with my dremel and putting a matching number inside the head where it's easy to read.

Btw...I've read that it's around 2 hp per cfm flow @28" water. So maybe as much as 10 horsepower? Sounds like it's too much power to be giving up for just a few bolts though. I'm a picky bastard so I took the time to cut the bolts.