Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of stuff to buy for new exhaust, anything missing or wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default List of stuff to buy for new exhaust, anything missing or wrong?

Ok, I'm getting ready to get an entire new exhaust sytem and I'm making a list of things I need for it. So far this is what I have on the list, if anything is missing, wrong, or you see anything you want to comment on it would help a lot, this is my first fairly big mod on a car. I decided on the race version headers too, just to let you know.

Pacesetter Coated LT's - $375 - LS1Speed.com
o2 Extensions - $36 - LS1Speed.com (I think I heard someone say the Pacesetters came with these, is that true?)
TSP ORY - ~$155 - Texas-Speed.com
Anti Seize Lubrication - $? - ?
EGR Block-off - $? - ?
1 3/8" Expansion Plug/Freeze Plug - $3 - Pep Boys
RTV Gasket Maker (Sealant) - $? - ?
Hooker Catback - $340 - LS1Speed.com

Did I forget anything? Do I need anything else, or do I not need any of those things? Also, for the things I have a ? for, do you know where I can get them and for how much?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

yes pacesetters come with the extensions. list looks good man. Should sound badass. You will love putting in all that hard work then firing it up man its a great feeling. Maybe throw a cutout in it too? Thats ur decision thou some guys do it thats why i said it.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetters come with wire splices and some heat shield tubing, if you feel comfortable with wiring you can DIY
If you're getting race headers you shouldn't need an egr blockoff plate (they come with no emissions fittings)
Anti sieze should be about $3 for a tube
Why do you need the gasket sealant?
FWIW you may want to think about getting new stock metal gaskets, about $20 from a dealer (or SDPC)
Old 05-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Launching!

If your going with Pacesetters I would just buy the TSP combo which is Pacesetters LT with the TSP ORY I believe its cheaper that way, also Speed Inc. (ls1speed.com) has the EGR block off plates and plug for the intake so just buy it from there with your catback. Anti-seize and RTV gasket maker any autoparts store has them I think even Wal-Mart has that stuff. Just my .02
Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hated the extensions from pacesetter so i bought some real ones
Old 05-22-2006, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you havent done it recently, I would change your plugs and wires while you are in there.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Why would I change the spark plugs and wires? If it's because of age or miles, the car only has 20k on it, but if its for some other reason, what is it?

I was talking about getting the block-off plate for the place the hose goes in just behind the throttle body, the very end of the system. If it isn't called that then what is it called?, I must be confused... No big surprise there, like I said, this is my first mod other than a lid to any car. lol

The gasket sealant was also for the place the tube used to be. I read this: http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=70 and thought I needed it. Do I not?

Ok, so the extensions that pacesetter gives you arent just plug the stock ones in to one end and plug the other end in where they are supposed to be? I think I'll still get some normal extensions then.

Oh and what would I use the new gaskets for?

Thanks for all the help guys

Edit: Oops, I just read that article again and I can see why I don't need the EGR block-off plate and sealant, I read it wrong . Thats takes care of that question, thanks.

Last edited by Speedmonster185; 05-22-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Just testing out my new sig... . I would like to order all this stuff tomorrow and go to pep boys or auto zone or something and get the other stuff... I'm hoping....
Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Reason to change the plugs & wires is because you've got access to them being the manifolds are out of the way. Besides, preventive maintence normally doesnt hurt.

Not to be step on a mods' toes, but your sig is 100 pixels too wide and 110 pixels too tall (500x150 is the max). Just resize it and it'll be fine.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:54 AM
12 Second Club

Ok, I'll get it changed. Ok, so this is my current list. Now is there anything I need to add/change/remove?

Pacesetters - $375 shipped
o2 ext. x2 - $36 shipped
Anti Seize - ~$3
1 3/8" Exp. Plug/Freeze Plug ~$3
TSP ORY - $155 shipped
Hooker Catback - $340 shipped

Should total somewhere around $915 for everything, and sound a whole lot better . Hopefully get some performance out of it too. If i was going to get a tune, but was also planning on doing some other things like LS6/LSX intake, Ported TB, UD Pulleys, and maybe some other stuff, but nothing is planned yet, should I wait till after that to do my tune? I'm pretty sure I won't do any of that until next year sometime, so would Speed Inc. charge the entire $450 again for a tune after that stuff or would it maybe be less for a "re-tune" or something?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Alright, well I just ordered the Hooker and the o2 exts. from Speed Inc. I am going to have to do 2 separate orders from them otherwise it weighs to much for the shipping to be free . lol. Anyway, before i put my 2nd one in, is there anything I'm forgetting, or something I don't need to get?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Is the anti seze known as anything else? Cause I went to Pep Boys and looked at all of their lubrcants and didn't see anything that said anti-seize on it. Also, the biggest plug they had was 1/2", is there anywhere that will have a 1 3/8" plug for sure?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Look at another parts store, it's called anti sieze, or never sieze (made by permatex) tell them it's for putting aluminum bolts in steel (they might be smart, tho it's doubtful)
As for the plug, OReillys had some as did auto zone in the HELP! section (and if they got them in this little podunk town, they should be readily available in a larger town)
Looks like you got most of it, I'd get a set of GM gaskets and a set of sparkplugs, just in case (better to have and not need than need and not have) Oh and possibly some plug wires (same reason)