Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with my a/c?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats wrong with my a/c?

Its blowing ice cold air on the feet, but won't blow anything out the dash vents. The only thing that has changed on the car recently is the underdrive pulley was put on. Since its blowing ice cold on the feet, I really don't think the compressor is going out.

Would the UD pulley have affected it that drastically? Maybe a vaccuum leak somewhere? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the vacuum line on the back of the intake
Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That would be your culprit.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Definitly a vacuum leak, seen the case many times before.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ What they said. ^^^

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/505979-fast-intake-provisions.html

You'll see some pics of the manifold in those pics. There's a little (approx. 1/4" OD) fitting coming off the back, pointing toward the big plastic a/c box/plenum thing. That vacuum line controlls the "trap door" which is what makes the pshhh sound when you turn the selector **** in the dash.

Trace that vacuum line untill you find the leak. It goes to part of the AIR system, a couple of T fittings, to a vacuum canister, to the a/c system etc. The line runs inside the wireloom crap that is on the passenger side fender.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
^^^ What they said. ^^^

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505979

You'll see some pics of the manifold in those pics. There's a little (approx. 1/4" OD) fitting coming off the back, pointing toward the big plastic a/c box/plenum thing. That vacuum line controlls the "trap door" which is what makes the pshhh sound when you turn the selector **** in the dash.

Trace that vacuum line untill you find the leak. It goes to part of the AIR system, a couple of T fittings, to a vacuum canister, to the a/c system etc. The line runs inside the wireloom crap that is on the passenger side fender.
I checked the t fittings that are on the wireloom near the passenger side fender, they were good. I am fixing to do a heads/cam install, so I will trace it all when I tear it down. Thanks for the advise guys, greatly appreciated.