Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMMG + twin turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question GMMG + twin turbo ?

I posted this under external engine as well but thought it might get more views here and then i got another question in my head and it relats to FI. First off for people with the kit do you like it, and how is it holding up rust wise. Also would this be an ok exhaust to go with if the car had twin turbo. I love how the exhaust sounds but i didnt know if it would be a factor that it says its only 2.5 inches wide in diameter. I hope this question doesnt upset anyone being un FI. Just getting closer and closer to buying parts for the build. Thanx again guys.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28adiction
I posted this under external engine as well but thought it might get more views here and then i got another question in my head and it relats to FI. First off for people with the kit do you like it, and how is it holding up rust wise. Also would this be an ok exhaust to go with if the car had twin turbo. I love how the exhaust sounds but i didnt know if it would be a factor that it says its only 2.5 inches wide in diameter. I hope this question doesnt upset anyone being un FI. Just getting closer and closer to buying parts for the build. Thanx again guys.

i had a gmmg on and i have a single turbo set up

i just sold my gmmg...and went to a bullet and a dump...

the gmmg sounded awsome whne you where excellerating..

but when you let off good lord!!! women and children would cry..juts seemed like exhaust was getting to hung up insde there dunno if that explains it..

ie dont belive it flows enough..for all that air..

4 inch to bullet to dump way to go!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive only just herd of the dumps. How loud are they since i will be driving this car on the street. also will they bolt up to the custom y pipe that comes in the kit. ive also herd that they rattle, is this true or it might have been a bad instal considering any exhaust will rattle if not installed prperly. any otehr information on these 4 inch dumps would be great aso where did you get your and how much did they cost.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SINISTER
i had a gmmg on and i have a single turbo set up

i just sold my gmmg...and went to a bullet and a dump...

the gmmg sounded awsome whne you where excellerating..

but when you let off good lord!!! women and children would cry..juts seemed like exhaust was getting to hung up insde there dunno if that explains it..

ie dont belive it flows enough..for all that air..

4 inch to bullet to dump way to go!
I had the same problem. Sounded like a bad fart!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
I had the same problem. Sounded like a bad fart!

i cant describe it any better myself

as far as dumps....you turbo a car its gonna be loud...most of your noise is from your watsegate opeaning up if you have it into the atmosfere

more air you can get out the quickest the better

rattle..umm bad install

bullt mufflers can be gotten at summit for like 60 bucks

do a search on here plently of people have them

4 inch mufflex would be your best bet if you dont have any fab skills
Old 05-22-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I searched and i cant find anything on the dump tubes, is there anywhere you can buy these or do you have to buy universal ones and custom fabricate them on your car. Just to clarify i think i once seen a guy with the down pipe setup, are they short 4 inch pipes that bolt right to the back of the y pipe. Im not too clear on this setup. More information would be great thanx
Old 05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a forced induction application the less restrictions in the exhaust, the better it will perform. If you do a search in the external engine forum, there are pics of exhaust systems with a dump. It is just a short pipe that points the exhaust toward the ground.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

would it be possible to run the y-pipe that comes with the turbo kit then run flo-pro twister mufflers off each end and get turn downs welded to the mufflers. Comments and suggestions would be great thanx.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In theory that sounds fine. I am not sure how well those mufflers flow though. There is another thread about different exhausts and how they seem to affect performance.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/511650-muffler-high-hp-800-rwhp.html

Quick Reply: GMMG + twin turbo ?