LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Next mod? (I want to stay reliable)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next mod? (I want to stay reliable)

Alright, I currently have an A4 94 Z28 with LT headers, Matching Y-pipe, LT4 KM, Cai and a tune.

What should my next mod be that will give me good power, yet still keep my car reliable. I don't want to do anything that is going to put a lot of wear on the car. (It's an everyday driver)

Any ideas?

Thanks for help.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

3200 stall. No doubt.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stall or gears.

I have a stall and Im going to get gears some time soon.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

suspension !!!! No traction no action
Old 05-22-2006, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

i would do a lil bit of suspension and a torque converter at the same time.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A stall can really wake your car up, and if you keep it resonable, and make sure its a lock up Daily driving won't be a problem
Old 05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stall and gears
Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Launching!

stall, nitto dr's, suspension, catback, and gears would be good mods unless you have 3.23's already
Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Staging Lane

Suspension... Put what power you are making to the ground... Powers no good if your spinning...
Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of suspension mods should I get? That's not a bad idea. How expensive? By the way, I do have the 3:23's.

Also, I'm looking more for Rwhp. I know if I get a stall, it will make the biggest difference at the track.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Teching In

ya but whats the point of having a ton of HP if you cant get your car to launch? By your last comment it seems like your just looking to tell everyone your car makes a ton of HP. Get a good torque converter so you can make use of all that HP on the launch.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HalfTonKid
ya but whats the point of having a ton of HP if you cant get your car to launch? By your last comment it seems like your just looking to tell everyone your car makes a ton of HP. Get a good torque converter so you can make use of all that HP on the launch.
I agree. it wakes up your car
Old 05-24-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HalfTonKid
My point is that I'm not going to be doing a lot of dig races with the car. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about traction issues flooring the car at 50mph...That's my point. I understand that if I want to improve my track time a stall and some suspension mods would be the best thing. Although, I don't go to the track all that often. Therefore, I'm looking for mods that will give me more Rwhp rather than improve track times. Hence, making the car faster from a roll. A stall and suspension mods will not do that.

What kind of suspension mods are you talking about? Lower control arms? Can I get these at a place like automotive engineering?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
What kind of suspension mods should I get? That's not a bad idea. How expensive?

Also, I'm looking more for Rwhp. I know if I get a stall, it will make the biggest difference at the track.

You will hit 2 birds with one stone on this one. After I put SFC's on, with stiffer Heavy Duty 1LE coils and De Carbon shocks, its made a big difference and you will see and feel more power to the ground.

Weld-in Sub Frame Connectors, a nice Torque Arm, and stiffer coils are a great start.

I recommend Hotchkis products, they are tough and nice looking. But there are a couple good choices.

I would recommed the Stall first, because after 40mph youre gonna hook up with nice tires, but when you do some suspension mods, not only will you notice a serious performance difference, your car will handle better, ride better and feel more solid.
I know mine did.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My point is that I'm not going to be doing a lot of dig races with the car. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about traction issues flooring the car at 50mph...That's my point. I understand that if I want to improve my track time a stall and some suspension mods would be the best thing. Although, I don't go to the track all that often. Therefore, I'm looking for mods that will give me more Rwhp rather than improve track times. Hence, making the car faster from a roll. A stall and suspension mods will not do that.

What kind of suspension mods are you talking about? Lower control arms? Can I get these at a place like automotive engineering?
A stall and suspension is not just for improving track times. A stall will help tremendously from a roll as well as a dig. It will also make a huge difference at the track. A properly setup converter for your needs will benefit you in everyway, by keeping you in your usable power range at all times thus making you faster. Suspension should also benefit you at all times as well if setup properly. Your car being 12 years old will be losing efficiency through stock suspension do to worn out bushings, stressed frames etc. Things to keep your chassis rigid and your tires planted to the ground will make a noticable difference on a daily basis, and your car much more fun to drive. RWHP will not necessarily make your car faster unless between then fenders of a properly setup automobile.

With that said, I would vote for stall & suspension work.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

word. Stall stall stall and suspension! DO IT !
Old 05-24-2006, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, I'm looking more for Rwhp.
150 shot lol

Quick Reply: Next mod? (I want to stay reliable)