PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EXTRA! EXTRA! New Z06 MAF-less!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EXTRA! EXTRA! New Z06 MAF-less!!!!

Read all about it here!!!

j/k

I had to after reading that reply in the other post.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

No Way!!!! I Bet You That's Why They Make So Much Power!!!! Speed Density Foreva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the I6 trailblazers/saab's have no maf
Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mass air flow sensor new for 2006 on the 4.2L I6.....

A mass air flow system helps reduce emissions, allowing the Vortec 4200 to meet California LEV II emissions requirements while also improving its fuel economy.
The mass air flow (MAF) sensor (replacing a previous speed density fuel control system) more accurately measures air flow into the engine, eliminating variability in a number of conditions including changes in altitude and temperature, and allows more precise fuel and spark response.
The MAF is lightweight and has a modular design, using an integrated intake air temperature sensor. The electronics, located in the center of the sensor’s flow tube, are air cooled by the intake air. The output calibration is precisely programmed into the module.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah you guys must be the ones that can't figure how to tune out your problems in SD mode.
It's okay, MAF lovers are people too.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by white2001s10
yeah you guys must be the ones that can't figure how to tune out your problems in SD mode.

LOL Ive been tuning SD longer than youve been a member of this board. . Do a search under Black02ss, redhardsupra, txhorns281,HumpinSS, TAQuickness and a few others and you will see why you have stickies and the information you do about SD tuning......

Ive forgottten more things about SD than you have aquired
Old 05-22-2006, 04:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahh they mustve just started obviously...the 3 I6 cars i pulled files from had no maf...but they were like 03-05
Old 05-22-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

this guy... LS1 SD = welcome to 2 years ago... SD, MAF, whatever you got, the vets on here forgot about it more than you've even begun to think you've got it all figured out, please enlighten us more with your tales of how you've got SD figured out and none of us can't touch you....
Old 05-22-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HumpinSS

Ive forgottten more things about SD than you have aquired
That is so true.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that's unfortunate that you both have forgotten the information since it would surely add positively to your posts if you had not.
You may be right. I didn't do my first SD tune until 1994.
I can't help but wonder how either of you feel you know anything about me, but I'm positive that the taunting that you're both enjoying right now is not what this forum is for.
I am embarrassed over a mistake which is bad enough. It was my first quick in-person look at the new Z06 and I jumped to a conclusion that was wrong. I'd hope you wouldn't assume anything further based on that.
The whole purpose of this thread is non-tech and clearly intended to be cruel. That's a little disappointing.
Even so, go ahead and do your little dance so you can get over yourselves.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

I think that's unfortunate that you both have forgotten the information since it would surely add positively to your posts if you had not.
I can't help but wonder how either of you feel you know anything about me, but I'm positive that the taunting that you're both enjoying right now is not what this forum is for.
I am embarrassed over a mistake which is bad enough. It was my first quick in-person look at the new Z06 and I jumped to a conclusion that was wrong. I'd hope you wouldn't assume anything further based on that.
The whole purpose of this thread is non-tech and clearly intended to be cruel. That's a little disappointing.
Dude, chill....I posted this just to be a smart-***. It's nothing against you personally. I could give two $h!t$ whether you think the new Z06 has a MAF or a windmill to figure out airflow. If you check, I didn't even post in that thread. But, it did make me laugh and that was my only goal here....to make people laugh at a stupid picture.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol, i just get a kick out of how people care either way....

during the height of the SD-rules era, i set my avatar as a joke.. you know, since theres that crossed out MAF avatar.... to this day, i still get PMs from people about it...

honestly, i dont care... either way, the result is the same...its only the method to get there that differs...
Old 05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well now see, it's not what you said that bothers me. We can all certainly stick our feet in our mouths from time to time. It's the way you said it:

I'll never understand MAF lovers.

This weekend I got a good underhood pic of the new 427 powered Z06, and guess what...
no MAF to be seen.

I suppose they will start getting recalled after so many complaints come in that it has drivability problems because the tune is off.
Hmmm... I wonder how many people will do a "add MAF" conversion on their new Z06 to make it run better.
hee hee haa haa
Just gotta love the way you try to belittle those who have shown true study and understanding of the LSX system, many of which are still open minded enough to learn whatever else comes along. However, your misinformation does absolutely nothing for anyone skilled or not quite so skilled looking for a "tech-related" contribution. Making bold statements without anything to back them is what got you here. DONE.