General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is this normal (AC changes from dash to floor vents under mild acceleration)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is this normal (AC changes from dash to floor vents under mild acceleration)

I've seen the option in EFILive to disable the AC at a given RPM/TPS setting, but I didn't see one that really matches what I'm seeing.

Occasionally, under mild acceleration (30-50% throttle) my A/C will divert from the dash vents to the floor vents for a few seconds, even though I'm set to "Max AC". It's not a big deal if it's supposed to work that way - but if it's a symptom of something else bad then I'd prefer to fix it.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

youve got a vacuum problem. whats wierd is that with a vacuum leak, you should have it go to the defrost vents...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do you fix this problem, not to hijack the thread but maybe he has the same problems but mine when i turn it to just heat or whatever i have to go all the way over to defrost then wait a min and turn to like the foward arrow or so on it willl then start blowing or sometime i can just turn it to the foward arrow and take off down the road and ina lil while it will start bloweing like normal?????
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have any of the vacum hoses hooked up on my car is that why my a/c doesnt work probably?? no i dont drive it like that iv just turned it on to try it
Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Anyone have a clue as to how to troubleshoot this?

This is the only wierdness I've got with the climate control (so far) - I don't think I'm getting the same thing you're getting, CULATR.