Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help me use HPtuners.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me use HPtuners.

Alright, all my mods are in my signature. I have a friend with HPtuners and he will let me use it and help me for a small fee. I need someone to help me create a tune for my car.

Basically i want it to run the best it can on the 1/4 but also be very streetable. Every since the lt's my car has ran like ***, tm seems to be a problem also. But im afriad if i remove it my tranny life will be reduced. At anyrate i need some help.

Ive dynoed at 303 rwhp n/a with no tune and running very rich. and 420rwhp with a 125 shot, again no tune. with no SAE correction and my converter unlocked.

SOMEONE PLEASE help!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

There's a lot more to it than a quick answer can provide. Go through the stickies (they're pretty methodical) and if you have specific questions guys here will answer them. I'm not trying to be an ***, but the faq's will pretty much take you through the basics step-by-step.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

If you haven't been around tuning to long, I personally would have a pro do it and maybe get some tips from them. Start with a good base line and tweak it as you think it will help, starting with all the tables from scratch shouldn't be attempted if you haven't done it before. Just my opinion, this is one thing I have learned.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Launching!

I agree with LoWeLL, you probly need to go over the basics for HP tuners first just to get a better understanding of what to look for. Also I would say to start running scans on your ride. The more time the better, that way you can see how the car reacts under different loads. Try to hit as many of the tables as possibly. The scans will tell you alot about your car and where you need improvment, and the guys on the forum can help you better when you have data for them to see what your car is doing.

Im not ragging on ya, just trying to make things a little easier for ya.

Nkz