Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Installed Fast 90 and Ls2 TB today questions inside....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Installed Fast 90 and Ls2 TB today questions inside....

I installed a Fast 90 and Ls2 Tb on the car today. It seems to have gave more power from 4500 up BUT it seems I have to apply more throttle when just cruising around to get the same power I had with the Ls6 setup. WOT I do not notice ANY loss of torque in the lowend, perhaps even gained some. Why do i have to apply more "foot" when part throttle cruising? It it something to do with the drive by wire setup since the TPS is also integral in the Ls2 TB??? On my old TB it also had a hose that ran from the passenger valve cover to the TB. The Ls2 does not have a point to attach it to??? What has everyone been doing?

Comments, suggestions and help appreciated.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

im curious as well, im looking at the same setup
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
it seems I have to apply more throttle when just cruising around to get the same power I had with the Ls6 setup.
I had a FAST 90 intake manifold & NW 90 TB, but switched to a LS2 TB due to idle issues that couldn't be tuned out. I noticed it takes a little more pedal a low speeds too... must be the LS2 TB.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

i hooked the hose from the passenger side valve cover to the air bridge, just drill a hole in the air bridge and get a gromet the right size so the hose fits in snug. I have NW TB and it works flawless
Old 05-24-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I ended up putting a breather I found at autozone on the vent....I'll post dyno numbers up soon, after I get the tune dialed in. Oh....I also find an oil leak on my timing cover/oil pan junction from when I installed the heads. I was not to happy with myself about that one, I may just pay G-force to reseal it. Anyways Ill post the numbers when I get them in a couple of weeks....