Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling hptuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling hptuner

Ive emailed many times and I always get the same damn bulk email back that doesnt answer my questions. Is there a phone number to actually talk to someone? I need to know if I can add to my current hp tuner pack which is 98&01 f body,-a 99 corvette with the 3 bar map option? Or should I just buy a whole new setup with the credit system. There is nothing that says there is a 3 bar for a 99 corvette. Is there anybody out there that knows this **** ?
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there probably isnt a 3 bar option for a 99...i know 99 fbodies can only get a 3 bar applied to the stock OS...what you would need to do is upgrade to an 00+ OS & then apply 3 bar to that.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes you can add the license to your current interface.

Please e-mail us at our sales address.

Our bulk responses have been generated to provide all of the information required to upgrade existing and new interfaces. If you feel that it does not answer your question you can simply reply asking for clarification on the part that you are not sure about.

If what we are giving you does not answer your questions please let us know so we can help.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 05-23-2006, 12:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Also, on the 99 9381344 OS we support all of our VCM Enhancements.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

OK im still confused.FOFF667 says no i have to reflash to 2000 computer or what?
Magnus you say yes you support all our VCM enhancements(what does that exacly mean) You couldnt be more vage on your responses if you tried. I asked hptuners before -how much would it cost for me to add 1999 corvette and 3 bar map option to my existing older cable and program? That is a very clear question isnt it? Yet I cant get a clear answer. Do you or do you not make 3 bar for 99 corvettes? If not what could I do to get it (switch to a 2000 computer) . I dont mean to sound like a dick but Ive been trying to fiqure this out for some time now and hptuners website has nothing on it saying for sure that "99 corvettes 3 bar map sensor available". If I get it for a 2000 so I can run 3 bar then do I have to buy 1999 and 2000 licences just to switch my computer over for the 3 bar 2000. It looks to me by the new credit system you guys have Id be better off just ordering a whole new setup with 1999 &2000 with 3 bar. What do recommend?
Old 05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

hey I said probably not keith is the end all say all as far as whats supported & what isnt what he says goes, not me.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

from what keith is saying it sounds like if you have OS #9381344 it supports 3 bar.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

E-mail me your vcm suite info log and I can tell you if your OS supports 3bar or not.

- Keith
Old 05-23-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

we support all vcm enhancement = have you looked under operating system in hptuners editor it says 1bar sd, 2bar, 3 bar. those are enhancements. if you dont understand you need some serious help. its common sense.

as far as prices they have been set for a long time. for serial = $199 for model year, $199 for the 2 and 3 bar dont qoute me. what is so hard.

ask is my operating system ########### supported? ask the right questions to get the right answers. they have thousands of emails a day. they sent me a semi generic email and answered all my questions about the new 98 2 bar.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Our editor will allow you to see every VCM Enhancement that is available for your os:
http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm

If a VCM Enhancement is unavailable, it will say "unavailable". You can request it by e-mailing us your file.

It will also allow you to convert your file to see exactly what our enhancements look like. You will need the license though to write it to the vehicle.

- Keith, HP Tuners
Old 05-23-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Keith thanks for your fast reply were do I find my vcm suite info log? If it requires me to get it out of the computer then I dont know if i can get it right now theres now motor in my car right now and all wiring is taken apart. If it is in the hptuner program itself I just downloaded the latest version of it off the website.

BFMCAMARO: Im ****** sorry if I dont know what im doing .Maybe thats why i asked the questions. I dont need serious help thanks . And yes I have plenty of common sense. I love how you keyboard smartasses love to run your fingers.
I have actuall questions this is not a commentary.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

have you even taken out a bin from your car or has it been down since you have had it? if it hasnt open a a bin and there will be a tab in the top left corner that says OS open and it will tell you what you can do.

as far as running my fingers. i hate to see people bad mouth good people because they are doing what they can. if you dont ask the right info than you wont get the right info. i am not being harsh you just need to watch what you say. they are helping as best as they can.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yea, you would need to talk to the computer in the vehicle.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...mersupport.htm

I just checked it out, and the newer OS from 9381344 is 9373372, and we support 3bar on both of those OS's.. So as long as you have one of those two you're set. If you don't, the dealer can upgrade your OS to the latest one as well.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

could he just download one off of Mike Horist's site & plop it in rather then having to spend $ at the dealer?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

No I havent tryed to pull the stock program from the 99's computer cause I had only 98&01 when I ordered the hptuners and thought it was locked to those years.When I open the editor for my 98 i can see the part were in top left that says OS and i go in there and see 2 available. Im assuming I need to get the licence for 99 corvette to open my stock program to see if it has it available or not. Or can it open my 99 without the licence just to see if it can be done? I wont be able to read my VCM until the motor and wiring is back in and running.

Im sorry if I was a little harsh with them but I have been trying everything to figure all this out for awhile and this post was my last resort before giving up and just bringing my car somewhere to get it tuned and i would nver be able to play with the tune after that. I am not bad mouthing them I just said hptuners is not specific on their answers.
Im not a tuner and dont know the ins and outs of there stuff.I just know how to go in and change minor stuff. I dont know where to look for the info.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

sorry you guys responded while I was writing the last one. So I could get the 99 corvette added to mine then check what OS i have. Is that correct. How do I know on Horist if those tunes have the newer OS or not?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

On the hp website do I just add to an existing order for 4 credits to get the 99 with 3 bar? Is that even for the older cable?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

older cable you need to get instructions through keith. email him and he will tell you. usually paypal the money. and wait to download the new file on the customer login page. next time just post on hptuners forum. much faster responses on their. you can ask most questions and get answers, instead of emailing a bunch. no credit system for serial cables by the way.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

I downloaded a stock 99 corvette tune off Horist's site and the 3 bar says unlicenced . And "a write entire must be performed to take effect".So does that mean my stock tune would work or just the one I downloaded?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are a few OS #'s probably for the 99's. i would just wait and see what yours says. try and see if there are some more on there that have the ability. then you can mess around with them. you can add the 3 bar without having paid for it. you just cant save it. so play and get some more questions. do you have an account on hptuners forum. like i said it will get answered much faster over there probably. or do both if its important.

Quick Reply: Calling hptuner