Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q about install of TSP Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q about install of TSP Duals?

i went to home depot and bought two 3/8 X 1.5 bolts with matching nuts, 4 fender washers, 4 rubber fender washers(thiner that i thought they would be) and two lock washers. i was going to get the grommets but they didnt have any. im afraid of it rattleing real bad, is this stuff gonna be enough or will the grommets be better than the rubber washers? also when i go to drill, can i drill anywhere where the hangers line up the best or is there a more specific spot i should shoot for? last one...how far can the pipes be from the floor board, im tuckin them pretty high and just wondering what kinda space i should leave if any. really dont wanna hear the pipes bangin against the floorboar either....thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

stick on the bullets, hang the front on the headers and get the system built and jack it up to the body and adjust it around until it looks right and then you can see where to drill at, if you look on the piece you have to drill through there should be a raised part of it on the underneath of the car, i drilled there but i still had to line up the pipes to get the side to side distance right, but for hieght i would go for that raised edge
Old 05-24-2006, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With rubber washers, it should not vibrate too much from exhaust movement. It will vibrate from sound resonances.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

I imagine the vibration of side to side and up and down is more than back and forth, which is what washers could help minimize.
That being said, you2slo is right, the majority of the cabin noise will be coming from the resonance of the dumps.

And heres the ubiquitous "checkout my sig for my TSP install writeup" comment. Or just click right there.

postcount +1
Old 05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Follow his guide (if you haven't already). It was very helpful.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

does it help if i turn the dumps out a little?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i probably got less than a 1/4" clearance with my setup and i have no banging or rattling. i did however use a big f'n hammer to get a little clearance on pipe l1(drivers side header pipe). UNLESS YOU LIKE RATTLING INTERIOR PEICES TURN YOUR MUFFLERS AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE OR EVEN MORE. I had my mufflers facing down at first and had a lot of interior resonance, turned them at 45 degrees and now i have no rattles whatsoever!!