LS7 Clutch break in

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 Clutch break in

I just bought an LS7 clutch set up what is the break in that yall have used? im hoping to have it in this weekend if a friend pulls through on a lift i hate working on the ground
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that its about the same as any new car break in period...About 500 miles of easy driving,mainly city but should be varied and not ONLY highway.

Like I said,if thats what they usually recommend for a new car,I am sure thats what it probably would be for a new clutch.

I wouldn't punish it right off the bat as I have seen people who do that and sure enough they are in need of a new clutch prematurely...
Old 05-23-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK
I would think that its about the same as any new car break in period...About 500 miles of easy driving,mainly city but should be varied and not ONLY highway.

Like I said,if thats what they usually recommend for a new car,I am sure thats what it probably would be for a new clutch.

I wouldn't punish it right off the bat as I have seen people who do that and sure enough they are in need of a new clutch prematurely...

yep 500 miles is the norm for a clutch break in. A buddy of mine decided to push it on a new spec 4 clutch after about 250 and he's had nothing but problems ever since. Definitely 500 miles