Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What OTHER y-pipe/x-pipe/true dual options do I have with Jet Hot Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What OTHER y-pipe/x-pipe/true dual options do I have with Jet Hot Headers?

A couple/few years ago I installed Jet Hot LT's and their coated Y-pipe. It all fit up relatively well to the existing I-pipe (intermediate pipe) and the flowmaster exhaust I had behind it but the fit under the car sucks, it bangs against the undercarriage and sits too low.

So after a few years of wear and tear and the incessant banging of the y-pipe on the undercarriage has finally taken a toll on my patience. Also, I'm pretty sure that the knock sensor is being activated under hard accel when that damn Y-pipe hits the undercarriage costing me power and races.

My question for everyone is what other options I have out there for exhaust components that will fit up well to the Jet Hot headers. I'd be interested in anything that fits nicely, won't bang, etc. I was thinking a nice Xpipe or true duals. Or will I have to go a custom route?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Or fix your banging Y pipe?

Muffler offer a Y pipe hanger and Thunder Racing sell poly tranny and motor mounts. These should cure any issues with it, failing that it might just need heating up and bendiing a little but there's plenty of room under there.

As for options, well you have the same as you would with any other set of headers - try the search button.