Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking about true duals...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about true duals...

I've been thinking about getting a true dual setup soon and was wondering if you can by a pre-fabbed true dual system, or if you have to have the shop fab it up for you.

I'm considering LT pacesetters, true duals, each with a loudmouth resonator.

What are your guys opinions on how it will sound and horsepower gains. I'm completely stock except for a lid.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tsp ----->
Old 05-24-2006, 02:51 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lots of people have the TSP setup, and lots of people have a custom fab'd one of a kind setup. all depends on the money you are looking to put into it.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

I have longtubes with true duels over the axle .. get it, you love the sound
now decide x-pipe or h-pipe, I have x-pipe <-- i believe gives more torque than the h-pipe don't quote me though!!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00'WS6Rocket
I have longtubes with true duels over the axle .. get it, you love the sound
now decide x-pipe or h-pipe, I have x-pipe <-- i believe gives more torque than the h-pipe don't quote me though!!
The X-pipe gives more power to a V8, but the H-pipe gives the car more low-end torque. The X-pipe really helps with the "scavenging effect", whereas the H-pipe is moreso for sound.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

thanks for all the info so far. i think i'll get the x pipe. do you think it will be too loud with dual loudmouths? and is keeping my cats possible? sorry for the lack of knowledge.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by royalcrown
I'm considering LT pacesetters, true duals, each with a loudmouth resonator.
that's the exact setup im going with except im going to have hi-flow cats and have both dumped. im going to have shop fab them up as it should be A LOT cheaper.

if your looking for practically the loudest setup you can have, well you chose it
Old 05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

well if you ditch your cats its gonna be louder, Id say get the duels w/o cats and your mufflers if its too loud put cats back on, all in all I don't think it would be loud, but it is personal preferance..
Old 05-24-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

you have a few choices
A. H pipe with cats
B. You can get an X or H pipe with high flow cats and just install it like that
C. You can do what 00Ws6Rock said and try it out without cats and see if you like it, and if not just put some on there..

The guy who owned my transam before I did brought true duals together and welded them onto the stock Y pipe (it has cats). So right now I have got a messed up exhaust system.. A system with 2 pipes combining and going into one pipe.. Talk about lack of air flow. You could do that, which I dont recommend. But I do get compliments ALL the time on how good my car sounds. Im thi nking when I take the cats off it will sound raspy, just like every other LS1. I love how mine sounds. I have the TSP rumblers (www.texas-speed.com) with the bullit mufflers. I have also heard the sweet thunders, and they both sound very nice and very deep. I prefer the bullits, just because they dont sound as high pitch when you get on it. I have coated pacesetters and another TSP rumbler set up (bullits and X pipe) sitting in my living room waiting to be put on which is this weekends job. I can let you know how it sounds if you want with headers and no cats..
If you have any questions you can PM me