LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel pump wiring: HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pump wiring: HELP!!

i've had my car since last august, and the ONLY problem it has EVER given me has been my fuel pump wiring.

the kid that had the car before me has it ghetto wired into the horn relay, and it was with butt connectors so the first two tow-homes was due to corrossion and loose connections. I soldered all the connections, but one lovely day the pump itself died, so i replaced it with an older one my friend sold me for 20 bucks.

Next tow-home was due to a blown horn fuse, because why would i suspect that to cause my fuel pump to stop working? oops.

Died again yesterday, brought it to school(i go to UTI, nice handy shop at my disposal) and busted out the wiring diagram.

wired it how it SHOULD be, checked voltage everything was good, the bitch wouldnt start.

wired it back up ghetto-style.

my question(finally)

my racetronix is on the way, should be here tomorrow, and i was just informed it does NOT bypass all of this, as i hoped it would.

Does anybody know how i can bypass the fuel pump relay safely? It says on the wiring diagram it shares a fuse with the PCM Battery, but it's not even going to the fuse anymore(Thanks to mr ghetto).

If i bypass the relay and just wire the pump to come on with key on, will my pcm not work?

i really need help with this guys, its been killing me for almost a year. sorry for the novel, but the more specific i am the less we have to run around in circles.

thanks

toby
Old 05-24-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump. i know its only been a half hour but im anxious lol. there's gotta be some folks familiar with the lt1 electrical systems on this board!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ec_nova
bump. i know its only been a half hour but im anxious lol. there's gotta be some folks familiar with the lt1 electrical systems on this board!!
Im no pro.. But perhaps you can re route it and you can put in your own fuse?
Just get a fuze boaard and just by pass it and have it go through its own fuse some how?

Just a fairly stupid idea from a stupid person.. but some times the stupidly obvious is ignored when it may work
Old 05-24-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what i was thinking about doing, going to the wiring directly out of the pcm and running a new wire to the the PCM battery fuse in the fuse panel, then cutting the wires from the fuel pump relay and wiring it up my own way, but if i don't need the pcm battery getting power then i won't even bother with that part. thanks for the input though, greatly appreciated
Old 05-25-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump for today. my main question: does the pcm battery NEED power for my car to run?

Quick Reply: fuel pump wiring: HELP!!