Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wont Start. Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont Start. Help

I just put cylinder heads and a ls6 manifold on my car and drove it yesterday and it drove great. then tonight i try to start it up and once i get the key on the power and then i try to crank it over and everything goes dead, no power for anything and it starts ticking in the dash and once i close my door it starts ticking loudly in the engine bay. Then after a while the power will come on again and once i try to crank it over again everythign goes dead, i have no clue what this could be, any help appreciated... and also i tried charging my battery, it wasent even closed to dead.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Double check the connection to the battery. I had the same issues when I got a bunch of build up between the battery and battery cables. I cleaned the connections with some sandpaper and it fixed it right up.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Teching In

I just cleaned them and it finally started up, but when it started it reved to like 3 thous rpm's but then dropped. I think this fixed the problem but does anyone know why this happens and what the ticking is in the cab and engine bay?? Thank you for you help..
Old 05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loss of power and ticking is usually a low/dead battery, possibly a bad connection as well I suppose.

Has it been tuned?

After losing power the idle resets and it will act starngely the first time you restart it. Just let it rev up and go back down, put it in gear and idle in place, back to neutral, back to gear, maybe drive a short distance then shut it off and start it again....should idle and drive much more smoothly at that point.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Yeah it had a corrosive postive terminal and we put some steel wool to it and it started after that, but yeah it has been tuned but i havent got it tuned for the heads and manifold yet, i havent got a chance...
Old 05-26-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Something else to check after having the heads off are the ground wires on the back of the driver's side head.