General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

cammed SS... surging??? a/c stalling...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cammed SS... surging??? a/c stalling...

have a 2000 ss i just bought... the car has an X1 cam, and other bolt-ons, when starting out from a stop, the car seems to have a tendancy to surge from 1000-2000 rpms or so. im thinking a good tune would fix this problem, cause i believe the cam is the root of the problem... also, i can fell the surging slightly, when im in gear, and coasting from higher rpms back down to the lower rpm range (start feeling the surging around 2000 rpm)
also, when the a/c is turned on, the car almost dies, then jumps back up to idle, then dies down again, etc..... every time it dies down, the ac compressor kiks off. then when it lopes back to idle, the ac compressor kiks back on. im thinking a tune will fix this problem as well, seeing as im in houston, and a/c is a must... and i hate driving it w/ teh a/c on cause its a pain, and i dont like that the ac compressor is going on and off constantly... when the ac is turned off, it idles between 700-800rpms, is this to low?

thanks for yalls input.

trey

Last edited by treysoucie; 05-26-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

? any input
Old 05-26-2006, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was the car tuned before? Just sounds like it needs a tune to me, I don't know the specs on that cam, but it must be pretty big to be causing those problems in an M6. Idle would probably be ideal around 800-900.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trust
Was the car tuned before? Just sounds like it needs a tune to me, I don't know the specs on that cam, but it must be pretty big to be causing those problems in an M6. Idle would probably be ideal around 800-900.
Specs are 230/227 on a 112 with around .591/.571 on lift

the car was said to have had some tuning work done by a freind w/ laptop- and efiLive... when i bought it, he said he would give me the guys number cause it needs more tuneing work.... i think ima just take it to hpe, and have them tune it up.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by treysoucie
have a 2000 ss i just bought... the car has an X1 cam, and other bolt-ons, when starting out from a stop, the car seems to have a tendancy to surge from 1000-2000 rpms or so. im thinking a good tune would fix this problem, cause i believe the cam is the root of the problem... also, i can fell the surging slightly, when im in gear, and coasting from higher rpms back down to the lower rpm range (start feeling the surging around 2000 rpm)
also, when the a/c is turned on, the car almost dies, then jumps back up to idle, then dies down again, etc..... every time it dies down, the ac compressor kiks off. then when it lopes back to idle, the ac compressor kiks back on. im thinking a tune will fix this problem as well, seeing as im in houston, and a/c is a must... and i hate driving it w/ teh a/c on cause its a pain, and i dont like that the ac compressor is going on and off constantly... when the ac is turned off, it idles between 700-800rpms, is this to low?

thanks for yalls input.

trey

does any1 have any input on this matter? id hate to spend the money on a tune, and still have the problem.

trey