Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I bought a Procharger today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a Procharger today!!!

Well guys finaly after all the BS I put ya'll through with asking questions and your awsome feedback. I bought a Procharger, with the D1SC 8 rib kit, 60 lb injectors, FMIC, etc. It should be going on sometime in mid June and I can't wait I am making 400rwhp as of right now and plan on running 7 lbs of boost until I can afford to forged the bottom end. But over all thanks for all your patience and I am glad to be apart of this site. By the way LS1 TECH F****** Rules
Old 05-26-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Not a bad way to go at all. Good luck and have fun!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Default Nice One

Hey man,

Be sure to post numbers as to the effect it has. I'm two steps away from the procharger still (looking at summer '07 for the install), but that's the route I'm looking at now. I'll have to go back to check some of your other threads 'cause I'm sure I'll be asking some of the same stuff you did. Also, I can't disagree with your opinion of this forum. Lot's of great info, and the entertainment I get from some of the kill threads is priceless.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wayblownout
Hey man,

Be sure to post numbers as to the effect it has. I'm two steps away from the procharger still (looking at summer '07 for the install), but that's the route I'm looking at now. I'll have to go back to check some of your other threads 'cause I'm sure I'll be asking some of the same stuff you did. Also, I can't disagree with your opinion of this forum. Lot's of great info, and the entertainment I get from some of the kill threads is priceless.

I will DEFINETLTY let you know what happends as far as numbers wise. If you have any questions just ask them or PM Bob at exotic performance plus he ALWAYS helps and reading his experience over and over again. Thats how I learned about this
Old 05-26-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Q for anyone that bought a procharger. How long did it take to receive your procharger from them? Mine was scheduled to ship wednesday, just wondering when i might see it!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

Too bad you didn't buy before the May 15th price increase!!!

I'm envious, you have no idea how badly I want a D1.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Q for anyone that bought a procharger. How long did it take to receive your procharger from them? Mine was scheduled to ship wednesday, just wondering when i might see it!
I was wondering this too... even though I won't be able to install mine until probably July.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

I havent recieved it I probably won't until.. next week sometime.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Shipping Time

I Have bought 3 over time . I'm in N.E. TX. & it took less than a week.every time. I had a P1SC on a 346 & it didn't make boost quick enough in my opinion.Went to a 3.9 gear & 3500 stall. That helped a lot. Wish I would have bought the D1SC in the 1'st place.I sent it back for an upgrade to D1SC.I could'nt believe the change!! You are going to LOVE that blower!! I strongly suggest T-BOLT clamps & silicone hose. That hose they send feels like conveyor belt rubber,too hard,poor sealing qualities. Those cheap rad. hose clamps strip easily & wont clamp that hose.I told Dave Culver( SHOP BOSS) yesterday that most people would gladly pay a few bucks extra.(seems like we should'nt have to replace this stuff considering what a kit already costs)A good tune will put you in the 10's.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Cool i guess its actually gonna be shipping this tuesday. Hopefully ill see it by next friday! Only a couple states over no cross country journey or anything. Anyone have a list of how many and what size clamps it comes with? Im gonna look into getting some T-Bolt clamps.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default clamps

seems like there are 6 but I would call them. That silicone hose is also worth getting.When you call ask Dave Culver,the head of tech,about the silicone. Good Luck!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Can procharger get me the T-Clamos or the hoses in silicone? If not id rather not waste their time with the Qs as it can only delay my shipping time!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
Can procharger get me the T-Clamos or the hoses in silicone? If not id rather not waste their time with the Qs as it can only delay my shipping time!
No, ATI doesn't offer the hoses in silicone, nor the T Clamps. You can purchase T Clamps at your local Napa Auto Store. We use the ATI supplied hoses all the time, and we haven't experienced any leakage problems with them. Bob
Old 05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by blue2002ss06
Well guys finaly after all the BS I put ya'll through with asking questions and your awsome feedback. I bought a Procharger, with the D1SC 8 rib kit, 60 lb injectors, FMIC, etc. It should be going on sometime in mid June and I can't wait I am making 400rwhp as of right now and plan on running 7 lbs of boost until I can afford to forged the bottom end. But over all thanks for all your patience and I am glad to be apart of this site. By the way LS1 TECH F****** Rules

I have bought my Procharger as well but won't get it put on until I get back from Iraq. I'd like to know how much you make also, so I can have an idea as to what I will make. You can see in my sig what mods I have.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Default Ati Hose

Sure not trying to argue.Do you really feel those cheap clamps provide any clamping force on that ATI hose? Since I have owned several prochargers I feel qualified to say that hose is too stiff. Silicone is more expensive but there are LS1TECH supporters that supply it at a reasonable cost. Along that same line, considering what a kit costs,I dont think you should have to go to NAPA for anything! My 2 cents worth, I love Prochargers or I wouldn't have bought 3.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had no problems with there couplings-hoses or clamps. I did how ever upgrade to silicone connectors and T bolt clamps just for my piece of mind. Head over to
http://hightempsilicone.com/ sponsor for your needs. Great guy to deal with. LS1Tech discount, with super fast shipping.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

congrats on the purchase man! good luck with your project and keep us updated and informed .
Old 05-29-2006, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome...i would love a d1...

Quick Reply: I bought a Procharger today!!!