Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would i need this with h/c install

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default would i need this with h/c install

if im about to get that new 235/238 h/c package from TSP...would i need a new radiator electric water pump and oil cooler??
Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Nope..
Old 05-26-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

sooo if i get the h/c package with the new pushrods and everything i need to install it wat else would i need other than...

ls6 intake
timing chain
ported oil pump
Old 05-26-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by who281
sooo if i get the h/c package with the new pushrods and everything i need to install it wat else would i need other than...

ls6 intake
timing chain
ported oil pump
Head gaskets
Head bolts
oil/filter
coolant
lube
crank pulley bolt
water pump gaskets
front seal
front cover gasket
valve cover gaskets
intake gaskets
tools
rags
first aid kit
some beers
patience
+miscalleneous
and most important (a TUNE)
Old 05-26-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

well im gonna get it installed by mti and im getting all the **** i need like gaskets and stuff...soo are there any other things i need like that arnt mandatory but would help make sure nothign breaks??
Old 05-26-2006, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Wink

You will not need it.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by who281
well im gonna get it installed by mti and im getting all the **** i need like gaskets and stuff...soo are there any other things i need like that arnt mandatory but would help make sure nothign breaks??
Lifters
Old 05-27-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get a quote from LG Motorsports for the install to see if they can beat what MTI is charging??? Why hasn't MTI told you everything you will need or not need. If you read my sig you'll see I went a little overkill. More cooling, clutch, and other things that weren't necessarily needed, but I was thinking about my next motor.
I wanted my ride ready to drop something bigger in and be able to keep it from overheating, and have a drive shaft, clutch, rearend, and brakes that can handle what it puts out. I am thinking a forged 408 with a good amount of boost, and some custom intercooling so I don't have to worry about losing efficiency. I want my Forced Induction project to be as consistent as my N/A is now. Give Bobby a call at LG Motorsports 1-972-429-1963 and tell him Doug sent ya. They saved me thousands by making my order/install a custom pkg because so much of my work could be done at once. Example Clutch, Rearend, Driveshaft with only one labor charge because it all comes apart anyway to get the clutch out. So I replaced the drive shaft and rear at to avoid doing it later and spending more. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome........if you live in or near Texas!

Seriously great point on consolidating the costs.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

well ill give him a cal and maybe u think he could hook me up on a package deal...but i dono if i would get them installed by him because its about a 5 hour drive from here and MTI is like 15 min....
Old 05-27-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for giving me your ear who281. Just give him a shout and see what he says before you spend more money then you have to. MTI might act pissy about installing LG's parts. Who knows, or jack up their install prices. Depending on what you get done, if you get it scheduled Bobby can get you in and out in a day. Gotta have all parts there and show up early so your car is cool. Have them run a baseline, then after install and tuning is done, redyno and do an overlay.
VIPER, if you are looking for anything give him a shout as well. Anyone on LS1tech will get any discount available if my name is mentioned.
Had I not put in all the OT I did I wouldn't have replaced everything. Also had Lou not extended me some credit I couldn't have done it.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a reason your not doing it yourself? Its not that hard and is the best way to save a bucket load of money. It will be time consuming for your first time and you will bleed and swear a lot but its not a techinicaly difficult job at all. Your just replacing a few parts, not customizing and engine.

As far as getting charge double for covering the same ground, it happens all the time. You call a shop and say I want this and this and this done. They write it down as 1. 2. and 3 and then proceed to bill you in that way. I was quoted $1500-$1800 to have my cam and oil pump, timing chain replaced. I asked the guy if he was serious. He said yep and quoted me the times from the book. I said your already in there why are you charging me twice to cover the same ground? He said this is what the book says. If it deosnt take me as long you'll be charged accordingly. I say no thank you goodbye.
I do the cam, headers, oil pump timing chain valve springs all by myself in my garage with the aid of a bungee cord (just like the directions say). So when it came time for the heads I didnt even think about calling anyone. They were easier than the cam and oil pump and headers.
If you just cant do it yourself and have to pay someone it might be worth a 5 hr drive to save hundreds of dollars. Thats something you need to seriously weigh out.
Extra money spent on labor that could be money spent on more parts.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would definately do it yourself!!! There are lots of good reads on the forum, and you will save a tremendous amount of money.

PS..... You will need deep pockets.... If that is the shop you are getting to do the cam install.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I totally agree with you guys. My point was that I don't have the tools, the time, or the experience, and I had money that I didn't count in my very budgeted life. When you work OverTime for 3 months straight no days off, you deserve whatever you decide to get. As far as deep pockets, hell yeah, but my pockets would've needed to be deeper and I would've waited 30 days for the car to be completed in Michigan. Sean got her done in 4 1/2 business days. Last but not least I explained that I had added more to the list then I originally planned, and was over budget. LG Motorsports (LOU) gave the job the ok even though I would be leaving Texas owing him over $6,000 !!!! I really appreciate Lou's trust, and patience with me in getting my interest free, tax free loan paid off. I will be sending out the balance to Lou and be free and clear. I made friends with the staff, and we all went out and had a good time. I even stayed with Bobby for the week. There's some things in life that you can't put a price on. My experience with LG Motorsports is one of them. Not only did I get everything I wanted and more but I made a lot of friends in the week I was there. Sorry to be so long winded, but if you can't do it yourself and are afraid to learn on your own car, unfortunately you have to pay someone. I am happy with my
LG Motorsports experience and have gained other things in the relationship that I am not sharing with the forum. My perks only.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

talk about customer service way to go LG

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I totally agree with you guys. My point was that I don't have the tools, the time, or the experience, and I had money that I didn't count in my very budgeted life. When you work OverTime for 3 months straight no days off, you deserve whatever you decide to get. As far as deep pockets, hell yeah, but my pockets would've needed to be deeper and I would've waited 30 days for the car to be completed in Michigan. Sean got her done in 4 1/2 business days. Last but not least I explained that I had added more to the list then I originally planned, and was over budget. LG Motorsports (LOU) gave the job the ok even though I would be leaving Texas owing him over $6,000 !!!! I really appreciate Lou's trust, and patience with me in getting my interest free, tax free loan paid off. I will be sending out the balance to Lou and be free and clear. I made friends with the staff, and we all went out and had a good time. I even stayed with Bobby for the week. There's some things in life that you can't put a price on. My experience with LG Motorsports is one of them. Not only did I get everything I wanted and more but I made a lot of friends in the week I was there. Sorry to be so long winded, but if you can't do it yourself and are afraid to learn on your own car, unfortunately you have to pay someone. I am happy with my
LG Motorsports experience and have gained other things in the relationship that I am not sharing with the forum. My perks only.