C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Quick questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 09:19 PM
KFK
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick questions?

On my 99 FRC there is a piece of rubber "trim" that is attached to the plastic cowl cover between the wipers and hood. Over time it seems that this piece has shrunk and pulled out of its holding channel. Is this common? I could probably use some wheather strip adheasive and glue it back in location but that seems kind of cheesey and the piece will still be too short to span the full distance. Does anyone know if this piece comes in a "cut to fit" length or is precut from GM?

What are you guys fix for the window washer fluid spraying up on the windshield under spirited driving? Other than leaving it empty.

Also when I start my car cold it revs up to like 2500+ rpms then idles down to like 1000, is this normal on a tuned car or is it some more tuning that can be done so it doesn't do this? I just cringe when it does this before the oil is circulating fully.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Do you have a cam or something?
Old 05-28-2006, 03:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they might not have finished the cold temp tuning after adjusting everything else... but I have that rubber peice come off on mine between the wiper cowl and the windsheild, not sure if its the same peice your talking about but at about 60 it would start to wave around, I threw some weatherstripping glue on and its good now.... and I get that same water spray everywhere from the windsheild washer tank after auto-x runs, I just keep that thing empty now but it looks like it comes from the cap not sealing all the way...