LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Throwing codes and hesitation issue :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing codes and hesitation issue :(

well i was here a looong time ago trying to fix this and then i went off to school... so now im getting my car back... Lt1/t-56 Rx-7 conversion. and i was wondering if anyone could check this out... i have listed most of the problem in this thread here http://www.torquecentral.com/showthread.php?t=36327

if u guys could help that'd be great! it shows the codes and so forth im mainly worried about the Low-Res code as the only other one that still exist is my VSS because i cannot figure how to wire up my Nordskog digital Speedo...
Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Lo res failure is the optical portion of the opti. You'll have to buy an opti. That's where you hesitation is coming from. Ask me how I know.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

its a brand new opti... i changed it when it was hesitating... now it well... still is
Old 05-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Teching In

if u click the link i posted u can see more in depth about the situation
Old 05-27-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah sorry I didn't have much time to look at anything earlier. Let's see... you fixed the MAF. The charcoal cansiter purge is how the factory fuel system relieves pressure (or something like that-I think). Since you hardly have factory fuel system, I would turn that off with an editor. VSS wouldn't have anything to do with the miss. You say the opti is new but yet you still have a lo res failure DTC. When I had that DTC, I bought a new GM opti and problem solved. Where did you buy the opti? If you bought one at Autozone or Advance, I would be willing to bet you still need to buy an opti. I do not know of anything else that would throw that code.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

nope got a GM part from summit... for the opti... i did notice a little oil leak in there but so minor i didnt think twice about it... think that got on the eye???
Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Teching In

think it would throw a code if it was misfiring due to lack of fuel pressure??? i might have burned up my walboro 255 since the tank wasnt very clean...
Old 05-28-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

also check the opti harness... it may be messed up causing a code... you can find those pretty cheap...
Old 05-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Teching In

checked the resistance on every wire of the harness from the opti to the pcm and everything was fine..
Old 05-28-2006, 07:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Would ignition module on driver side head cause a lo res code? I do not know. In my experience with the opti, I suspect mine was trashed due to the oil leak coming from the top of the timing cover (water pump drive seal leaking badly). I wouldn't look over it. Try changing you fuel filter, double check your fuel pump, and check your fuel pressure. I've never heard of anyone getting a lo res code with fuel problems but you can't leave anything out in this hobby. If you pump is shot I have one for sale that no one seems to want. I tested it with a battery charger and it runs flawlessly. Sounds like a Dremel hand tool, nothing too loud. It's an Accel 43 gph inline. Let me know if you're interested (provided your Walbro is shot).
Old 05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

it did seem to look like i had an oil leak behind the drive on the opti... what seal do i need to get to repair that? i still think if the oil isnt to bad on it i can save the opti and clean it off "i hope" ...
Old 05-28-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Veteran

When I went to the parts store, I always had to get the timing cover gasket set. That had everything from timing cover gasket to opti drive seal to the water pump drive seal. If you replace the water pump drive seal, you'll need a special sleeve to get the lips right. I had to borrow the stuff from my dealer.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Teching In

ok thanks ill look into that...

Quick Reply: Throwing codes and hesitation issue :(