Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

i have a 8 rib ATI kit, what do i upgrade for the SDCE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 11:32 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i have a 8 rib ATI kit, what do i upgrade for the SDCE?

since i already have all the 8 rib pulleys and idlers and all that stuff what do i need to upgrade for just the tensioner.... or do i still have to up grade all of it

i already have the ATI damper and pin kit along with one key on my crank. i also have the 8rib 3.4 pulley that i will use....

i just dont want all the other stuff unless i need it.

this is what the kit consists of
The following components are included in our 8 rib tensioner system:

7.250" 8 Rib Crank Pulley

8 Rib Tensioner

8 Rib Idler

8 Rib SC Blower Pulley (available in 4 sizes: 4.25", 4.00", 3.70", 3.40")

8 Rib belt

90 MM Idler

SDCE support brace

Bag of misc. shims and hardware

We will need your main bracket - it will be modified to accept our tensioner system. If you do not have a bracket to send in, new ATI aluminum main brackets are available for an additional cost. We do not offer steel main brackets; we can however, machine them for use with our tensioner. There may be some clearance issues when using a steel main bracket. Please inquire first before sending in a steel bracket.
Please specify if you have the stock balancer or an ATI balancer, the year and make of your vehicle, and what pulley and how much boost you currently see along with how much boost you are after.

Tensioner install tool sold separately. Please specify if you would like to add that to your order.

Send your main bracket, the idler and hex nut, and the long lock nut bolt to:
Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only thing you wont need is the 3.4 pulley if thats the one you want to run but those are cheap.

Better off just selling the ATI 8 rib setup complete (keep your ATI balancer, it works with the SDCE) to someone who has a 6 rib and wants to upgrade and just buy the SDCE.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
7 Second Club

hmm... well ****...

any buyers? seriously
Old 05-27-2006, 12:52 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Just try the ATI 8 rib and see if it gets what you want, since you have the ATI damper its easy to swap to the SDCE down the road. Plus you are going to have to wait a while to get the SDCE done so may as well get it up and running and do the SDCE over the winter.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

Default Reichard & SDCE

I am about to install a 427 with an F1-C into a corvette.I now have the ATI 8-rib balancer with the rest of the 8 rib conversion. I am going to order the tensioner from SDCE Tues. Will the Reichard drive pully work with the SDCE parts? Do I need the Reichard pully? Those little "teeth" look like they would be great if they dont eat belts.I am wore out worrying about these little belts.Too bad you can't run a " real" blower belt (GILMER) or a wider rib on these engines. If I cant feel comfortable with the 8 rib deal I guess Turbo's are next. Would really like some input. Thank You
Old 05-28-2006, 12:32 AM
kp
8 Second Club

SDCE only makes the spring tensioner for F bodies I'm pretty sure, the corvette setup uses the main drive belt and a spring tensioner so there is no need for the SDCE setup. You can use the reichart pulleys but if you are using one of A&As or ECS's supercharger brackets you should be fine with the 8rib upgrade.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Ecs

I have talked to Andy at A&A.I didn't know they made any procharger brackets anymore. I really wanted their F1- R mount. Thanks for the tip. I also have talked to ECS & they also were helpful. I saw they had some "rollbars".I could tig it in there just too lazy to do it. I have a convert & I thought if it was painted body color maybe it wouldn't be so noticable. I'm pretty sure this car will go faster than 13.0 so I need a 5-point harness too.If I could find a blower mounting bracket I could go to the old Bridgeport & make a good one. I will call them back.KP, you have been a lot of help .Thank's a million!

Last edited by msb184; 05-28-2006 at 10:09 PM. Reason: error