Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Tach Code PO00336 crank shaft performance variation

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Tach Code PO00336 crank shaft performance variation

It is a 427 boat anchor. AFR 225 Trex cam, LT, FAST 90. was running pretty good then it started to stumble around 4000 RPM's and somtimes it would stall Idle high and all of a suden the tach went out and it runs terrible. This thing runs on about 4 cyl and loads up with fuel real bad. Now it does get a Tach reading on the hand held scanner. I would appreciate any sugestions. I have checked all grounds, The Opel place here in Germany said I needed a new computer. Well it still does not run.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Second Club

The most obvious would be to replace the crankshaft sensor and perform the relearn procedure exactly as the instructions outline.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:12 AM
10 Second Club

I did a relearn for him a few times with HPT but he is still having issues. The problem is that when he romps on it, it sounds like his timing is off or he is misfiring (no misfire codes). I clear this DTC (crankshaft relearn DTC) and when he is cruising at low mid RPMS he has no issues. When he romps on it again it makes the same 'misfire' sounds, the tach goes out, and gives the crankshaft relearn code. When he is idling he has no issues, and when he romps on it from neutral (idle) the same thing happens (sounds like a misfire and tach goes out) and the engine shuts off. Any thoughts?

Bottom line, I clear the DTC, do the relearn and the car has no issues at anything below 4K RPM. When he goes WOT it sounds like it is misfiring the tach goes out and the DTC comes back.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:55 AM
10 Second Club

Jeff Creech is saying it is a loose cam plate on the front of the motor based on what we are describing.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I've seen similar problems from incorrectly mounted or loose crankshaft reluctor wheels. Unfortunately, this was a manufacturing defect on the crank, not an installer-based error. Might also swap out the sensor and re-test.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Swapped out the sensors and same issue.

And, well....supposedly the reluctor wheel had a small defect on it when it was recieved.....

Looks like who have two things to look at though.

Thanks.