Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car sitting funny

Old 05-27-2006, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car sitting funny

Well, I'm trying to figure out why I cant get better than a 1.70 60' time and I just noticed that on the passenger side the body is sitting exactly an inch higher than the drivers side. What would cause that? My suspension is mostly stock, with the front swybar removed. BMR non adjustable torque arm and BMR weld in subframe connectors were installed recently. Moser 12-bolt rear. I watched a video of my car launchung recently and the passenger side rear (the high side) dips real low on the launch. What could cause the car to sit so high on that side?
Old 05-27-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

have the spring rate checked ,you mite have a weak spring,that is the only thing that should make it different side to side
Old 05-27-2006, 11:40 PM
11 Second Club

What if the suspension wasnt loaded when the subframe connectors were installed? That wouldnt do it would it? That was the last work done to the car. Im pretty sure the guy that installed them nows how to do it though. I think Ill switch sides with the springs and see what happens. What if the rear sway bar was really tight on one side and not the other? Could that have an effect?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah. Also a couple of weeks after my car came back from the shop to get the subframe connectors welded on I noticed that the endlink bushings were MISSING on one side of the rear swaybar. Not sure if they fell off before or after. Could driving it like that for a bit twisted anything up? Or could welding up the subframes with the endlinks missing have messed anything up?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Problem solved. Im a retard. Apparently when on one side the rear sway bar end links fell off, I ordered the wrong part from spohn. The spacer in between the bushings was way shorter. I put on the matching one on the other side so now I have 2 short ones and the car sits even. problem is they arent the right part, so they are pulling the rear sway bar up more than it should. HMMMMM. maybe this is a good enough excuse to order me up a Spohn Drag Bar ........

Search this Thread