LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LG Motorsports - TX

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LG Motorsports - TX

The '97 is gettin' up there in miles these days & we're looking for a good garage that knows what they're doing with the LT1's & is fair (hard pressed, right?)...anybody have any strong opinions on LG Motorsports? Or maybe some other shop in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area?

Thanks much!

Last edited by LT1Grrrl; 05-28-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:08 AM
TECH Addict

I use to use LG but they are entirly to far from me to consider anymore and there logo says it all " Where money buys speed". Do not get me wrong LG is an excellent shop with very good people but if your an LT1 are you sure they still mess with them. If they do not call XHP or SQR and see what they all say, just do some comparison and see what they all say.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know a great shop that does alot of lt1 work here in garland mesquite rowlett area...guy is very cheap and will stand up to his work!
pm me for his name number ect
Old 05-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Launching!

LG told me they no longer jack with LT1's.They actually said they were to hard to work on compared to the "all-mighty" LS-1.But this was about a year ago maybe they started back working on them that I dont know.I'm in the same boat I really need a good LT-1 tuner in the dallas area.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Default Yup

Yeah, when we got our Power Programmer from them, they told us they didn't do a lot of work on LT1's anymore, too, but not because of any love loss. I took it to mean it was circumstantial...almost all their rides are Z06's, C5's, etc...so much for roots, I guess. As a business, though, that is where the big money is, so I guess in that respect.....whatever.

Stupid opti-crap...it's all the opticrap's fault, ya know. Car was stuttering, replaced the opti, spark plugs, spark plug wires...test drove it, now it's, like, surging, but REALLY badly. Once you get over about 1500rpm & should be headin' towards a freakin' gear shift...forget about it! It starts this huge surging behavior, ya know...I don't know, maybe we don't have some of those wires seated well...they were kind of a bitch to get to!

Last edited by LT1Grrrl; 05-28-2006 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Add Signature
Old 05-28-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

If none of the above metioned tune LT1's I would highly suggest sending it to PCM's for less. They do excellent work and a real tune makes the HyperTech look like a Speak N Say. ANd the "allMighty" LS1 is alot easier to work on and is an all mighty motor.
Old 05-28-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slamm69
LG told me they no longer jack with LT1's.They actually said they were to hard to work on compared to the "all-mighty" LS-1.But this was about a year ago maybe they started back working on them that I dont know.I'm in the same boat I really need a good LT-1 tuner in the dallas area.
There is a few in San Antonio
http://www.dynotexracing.com/

I took mine to Corey Hendersom in New Braunsfels Tx. Right out of San Antonio. He was very attentive to the car. He was at it for about 5 hrs
http://www.hendersonperformance.com/
He charges $350.00 for a tune
Old 05-29-2006, 01:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I under stand why most major shops dont mess with the LT1s any more, I love them but a good buddy of mine worked for a big shop that worked on Lt1s, honest truth is, most of us are a minority, the great majority of Lt1s are ragged and need a few grand in maintenace work, for most shops with steady business working on new stuff, no point, bigger hassle than its worth. Far as Lt1s being hard to work on, techs get a commison on the job, Lt1s take longer and do to many being in bad shape, they tend to run in to problems a lot more commonly and the techs get tied up all day trying to finosh the job. Newer cars, less problem and you can get them knocked out quicker, plus easier to work on. Older Ls1s are getting that way far as being ragged, but its nothing personal, just business. LT1s arent efficent to work on for techs, most Lt1 owners are under 21 and dont have the money to begin with to even pay shop labor. I have seen so many that the owner just wants it faster but the car needs some major work. LG & MTI they all LOVED LT1s when they were new and customers had the money, not so much any more. Guys like a few iof us on here who had their cars for years are far and few between.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daniel6718
i know a great shop that does alot of lt1 work here in garland mesquite rowlett area...guy is very cheap and will stand up to his work!
pm me for his name number ect
I tried PMing youbut no reply????Can you please put this guys# or address up for us in the need?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I'm real happy for you guys who just need a tune, but I'm having some REAL problems, here!

I need a shop that can just get my freakin' car running again! We've used this little repair shop out here in Rockwall before (McSwain's), but I dunno...for those who don't know, Rockwall's pretty country. Therefore, McSwain's is just a little country repair shop...but a couple of the guys there have had their own customs & stuff.

When we win the lottery, we're going through WyoU, man! But, until then, we need to find somebody local...not just for performance & tuning, but also for repairs & general...argh.

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports - TX