Just Got Out of the Hospital

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just Got Out of the Hospital

Well it started out on thursday I thought I had a small bug bite or maybe even a pimple. However the next day it grew to 1.5in in diameter. The bug bite which they said was a possibe brown recluse became very infected. Oh I forgot to mention the good part it was on my chin. Once I got to the hospital I was looking like JAy Leno. The infection in just one day had turned into cellulitis. Cellulitus is a nasty Staff infection. I was like f&%k and the end result I just was released last night.

Thomas

PS forgive Sp etc. Ill all drugged up
Old 05-28-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thomas have you been sleeping with unclean women again? I told you some **** was going to jump out and bite you!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

A guy in basic got bit by a brown reclouse in Basic. Had to cut out a small portion of his skin to get rid of the infection, some nasty ****. Glad to hear you're doin alright.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

damn man thats crazy! glad to hear your ok!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

glad to hear that you are back at home -- hope to c you out and about soon -- take care
Old 05-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by cyphur
A guy in basic got bit by a brown reclouse in Basic. Had to cut out a small portion of his skin to get rid of the infection, some nasty ****. Glad to hear you're doin alright.

recluses are pretty nasty things, if you get bit somewhere you don't notice that much, you can be screwed.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thomas, I got the fill in from Craig late last night. Definitely some sick ****. Me and you both are F'ed up on meds LOL
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Worthless post without pics!!!! Get better Thomas
Old 05-28-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats sick
Old 05-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

That sucks bro.

Get better soon
G
Old 05-28-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, dont eat out dirty ****** behind ricks LOL, and the crabs wont bite

sorry to hear man, to bad Craig got no pics
Old 05-28-2006, 02:23 PM
LS7 Member

Wtf!?!?
Old 05-29-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

got pics by any chance?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, I do have pics and will post them tom when i'm at work. I have one of about an ounce to an ounce and a half of puss comming out of it mmmm mmmm good. Also I will post picks of it at its most swollen state.

Thomas
Old 05-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Curveball TECH

I'm suprised you only got one sore. A lot of times people think they've been bit by a brown recluse when they really have staph. This might sound funny but on the east side of houston there is a dirty staph infection going around called MRSI(could be MRSN). And if you catch it you can get the sores once or twice a year no matter what. Usually you just get some powerfull antibiotics but we all know thomas isnt walking away from the oppurtunity for some pk's =p
Old 05-30-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some info about "spider" bites...

Although our customers (and their doctors) may tell themselves a brown recluse, black widow or other unknown spider, has bitten them, this is not always the case. Sometimes explaining the lack of harmful spider populations to our customers is often met with skepticism because they often believe that the doctor knows more about local spiders than the licensed pest control operator.

In the experience of most pest control operators, the general public and the medical community are quick to determine that all kinds of dermatological eruptions are the result of spider bites when there is no proof whatsoever that a spider was involved in the incident.

Many medical conditions, especially bacterial infections, are under the so-called diagnosis of a “spider bite” yet having nothing to do with spiders. Several of these more serious cases are misdiagnosed as brown recluse spider bites. What is seen, under further inspection, is a multitude of conditions that can cause necrotic (or rotting flesh) wounds that can be mistaken for a brown recluse spider bite. Brown recluses aren’t the only things that cause necrotic wounds. Other conditions should also be given credence when determining the causes of skin lesions.

Bacteria infections. This is probably one of the biggest causes of skin inflammations on the body. Any time there is a puncture of the skin, there is a chance of bacterial infection. One of the most common things to do after any type of bite or sting is to eventually scratch the area of irritation. If the skin is broken, a secondary bacterial infection can occur. The wound may have been initiated by a bite or sting but the infection that follows is not from the venom or salivary glands of the insect but from our own “grubby” fingernails that can cause the infections. This is one of the biggest problems with real brown recluse spider bites, which are notoriously free of bacteria for the first few days but then get infected when the itching causes the patient to scratch. The ensuing wound is then blamed completely on the spider’s venom, which is incorrect.

Viral and fungal infections. Various forms of herpes have been misidentified as brown recluse spider bites, which are simply caused by viruses. There are fungal infections associated with plant material on rose thorns, pine seedlings, hay, sphagnum moss, etc., that via a break in the skin can leave a skin lesion. If someone tells you that they received a brown recluse bite while gardening (brown recluse spiders are not found in vegetation), sporotrichosis is a likely candidate.

Ticks and Lyme disease. A misdiagnosis with severe consequences is that Lyme disease sometimes can exhibit a bull’s eye rash or a necrotic lesion, which are characteristic symptoms of a brown recluse bite. Bites of other ticks can leave wounds that can be mistaken for spider or recluse bites including a soft tick.

Other arthropods. Fleas, mites, ticks, bedbugs and kissing bugs can also leave puncture wounds of the skin which are susceptible to infection or reaction to salivary fluids. Even our own common fire ant bites can cause a bacterial infection by scratching the infected area. One of the problems with blaming spiders is that the homeowner starts to overlook the actual cause of the wounds, which may continue unabated.

There are several possible problems we may encounter such as topical contaminants, Lymphoma and other cancer-like diseases, blood disorders and underlying physiological diseases that can cause rotting flesh wounds. Some of these conditions have no known cause or can be something as simple as a bed sore.

It is important to remember that the pest management professional is not a doctor and only a doctor can make medical diagnoses.

With the aforementioned information at hand we hope you can use this to help in determining if in fact a spider was to blame for the wound or something else altogether.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
Yes, I do have pics and will post them tom when i'm at work. I have one of about an ounce to an ounce and a half of puss comming out of it mmmm mmmm good. Also I will post picks of it at its most swollen state.

Thomas
Sweet...this should be good. I should have become a dermatologist.

Glad you are doing better.

Brian
Old 05-30-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where's the pics he promised?????
Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

pics.....pics....pics
Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 PM
LS7 Member