Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max torque range?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Max torque range?

I just got a 2500HD 6.0 with a 4L80E 4WD. I decided to throw a tune into this one since I'm buying. (using EFI Live)

One of the first things I wanted to do is raise the max torque settings. This would not only be the first 4WD tune for me, but the first A4 tune as well. I'm a bit confused with the torque values for B6615-B6620. The current settings for max rear axle torque, for example, is ~13,500 Nm. Fine. Why on earth then is the max setting ~58million Nm? I want to raise these values to something reasonable vs. disabling the torque limiting all together. I'm just having a hard time believing even half of 58million Nm is reasonable...so how on earth do these numbers translate to the real world?

FWIW I've raised these values considerably and noticed that bog from a standstill is somewhat better, but I'd like to have some reference point to work from since it seems either the max value is garbage or the factory put some serious torque management into this vehicle. Any clarification would help.