LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump problems

So on friday my car started running weird under acceleration. It felt like it was bogging. They i went to a store and came out later and i couldn't drive it as soon as i tried to rev it up and would not rev and start bogging and they i heard it backfire once. So they i left it for a while and came back and we started it and i was able to drive it home quickly. I parked it in my driveway and later went to move it into my garage and it did the same crap wouldn't rev up.

On saturday i slaped some new 02 sensors in thought maybe that was it. It ran great all moaring couldn't get it to act up it drove it around my little town and went home let it sat and they tried it again. So then i went to town and went to my work and they when i left it was fine till i got about a block away and it started bogging down and then it died i rolled into a parking spot. Now it wouldn't even start a buddy and i went back a couple times to try and start it and nothing. They we tried to listen for the fuel pump and we couldn't hear it and they i told him to hit the take and he just barley taped it and then it started and i drove home.

So i have done that before hit the tank and it starts. But could a bad pump cause my not being able to rev up and bogging down.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

yes it can, i used to have fuel pump problems then i installed the granatelli (walbro) one from summit and it fixed that. if its got a hesitant start sometimes or if it has a hard start sometimes thats also a couple signs of a possible fuel pump going bad. if you suspect its the fuel pump then put a pressure tester on it. if it is the fuel pump you can pm me or send me an instant message i just did the install about a week ago did it thru the floorboard rather then dropping the tank, i can help ya out
Old 05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a simalar problem but it was my MSD going bad. I know you say you cant hear your fuel pump, but if your fuel pressure checks out, take a look at your opti, or ignition. Mine was doing the exact same thing, wouldnt rev past 2500, hard starts, or no starts.
Just something else to think about

Pete
Old 05-29-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

haha carson this is EXACTLY what happened to mine when I had to IM you about the install of the granatelli.

Quick Reply: fuel pump problems