Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running rich after Ported TB installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 09:42 PM
fff
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running rich after Ported TB installed

I installed a Thunder Racing Ported Throttle Body on Monday and now the car seems to be running on the rich side. I am seeing a slight loss in torque in 1st gear that corrects by the time I hit second. Also, I have the loudmouth exhaust, so I am used to the cold start backfires between first and second, but yesterday I had been driving for over an hour, coasted up on a light in second (Apx. 2200 RPM) and it started backfiring. It has never done that while warm. The backfires were not explosively loud, but definitely not just the normal rumble from downshifting. I can smell gas coming from the passenger side tail pipe. I can't return the TB as it has been installed. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I looked at getting atap, but for the money, I would rather take the car to get it tuned than spend the money for atap right now. Is there anything in between a dyno tune and returning the ported TB as the core (if they would let me) that might help?

Thanks very much for any opinions or suggestions.

Fred

2002 WS6

Mods:
LS1 Motorsports Direct Flow Lid, SLP MAF, SLP Bellows, Ported Throttle Body(For now), SLP Y-Pipe, SLP Loudmouth

<small>[ February 07, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: fff ]</small>
Old 02-09-2003, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Running rich after Ported TB installed

Hey Fred,

I'm probably right down the street from you, in Hanover/Elkridge. Shoot me an email sometime after all this snow melts. I have a 2001 SS with a LM. Maybe we can set off a few car alarms!!

Bryan

Quick Reply: Running rich after Ported TB installed