General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP ASAP...Power locks quit working!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ASAP...Power locks quit working!

Hey guys,

So today out of no where my power locks just quit working, neither of the switches in the car work and the remote also doesnt work...the remote and switches will however set the alarm for some reason, but the locks do not move! I went through the manual to see if there was a fuse and to my suprise after checking the owners manual and all the fuse boxes there is no fuse that goes to the power locks?!?! I must be missing something because everything else has a fuse but not the power locks? I don't understand why they would quit working like this, if anyone can help me or even knows where the hell the fuse for the power locks is if there is one please let me know! Thanks.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Okay I feel like an idiot...

went out and spent some more time and found the problem...

My aftermarket gauges in my gauge pod are wired to the courtesy lights/power door locks for power...well a few months ago I cut the wires to the lights on the gauges cuz they were to bright......THEN today I decided to put a switch in so I could turn the lights on and off, well not knowing the wires were from the power door locks I ended up shorting it out and not realizing it.

So once it was dark I realized my courtesy lights didnt come on when i opened the door, so then I knew it was the fuse, but I still dont get why the owners manual nor the fuse covers dont list that the courtesy light fuse is also for the power door locks... so just for anyone who didnt know that now you know!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My manual says that the "Courtesy" fuse is for the BCM, which operates the power locks amongst other things.