Fueling & Injection - New Magna Fuel street pumps up to 2000hp

Nasty N8
05-31-2006, 11:57 AM
We are offering a new street pump for more power handling. For those looking to make the most power possible in a street application here you go.

ProTuner Series
Engine Hp: up to 2,000+ NA
Once-piece design is more compact and light weight.

* Ideal for street muscle cars
* Quiet operation
* Self priming
* Continious duty
* No pump shaft seals, no leaks
* Pump body CNC machined aircraft aluminum
* High-torque custom motor with very low current draw. Never requires stepdown
* More efficient than other motors
* Double support bearings
* Rebuildable to as-new condition
* Compact design fits in smaller spaces
* Smaller than competive pumps, lower current draw, more powerful
* Hard anodized, long lasting finish
* Mounting bracket included
* Vertical or horizontal mount
* Polymer wear plates for smooth, quier operatio
MP-4303 2,000+NA HP 20120psi 14A@45psi #8AN in and out 7"L x 3"Dia 4.5 lbs.
MP-4301 1,500+NA HP 20120psi 12A@45psi #8AN in and out 7"L x 3"Dia 4.5 lbs.
MP-4302 1,000+NA HP 20120psi 10A@45psi #8AN in and out 7"L x 3"Dia 4.5 lbs.

MagnaFuel inline compact, light weight and super quiet street fuel pumps MP-4301, MP-4302, MP-4303 up to 2000HP capability Retail $539.99 Call for pricing

Have a great week
Nate

ty_ty13
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
how much can this support on a boosted motor?

will this push more fuel than a weldon 600a?

im looking for a max of 900rwhp... i may not every see it but i know i'll have atleast 700-750rwhp before the years over..

it will be a track car that sees 2-3 days of some street use... mabey 100 miles a week.

ty_ty13
06-05-2006, 08:11 AM
how much can this support on a boosted motor?

will this push more fuel than a weldon 600a?

im looking for a max of 900rwhp... i may not every see it but i know i'll have atleast 700-750rwhp before the years over..

it will be a track car that sees 2-3 days of some street use... mabey 100 miles a week.

bump TTT

Boostaholic
06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd guess 1500 on a boosted application.

ty_ty13
06-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I'd guess 1500 on a boosted application.

i hope its atleast 1000fwhp on a boosted application....

because the weldon 600a is sapose to support about 900 and for an extra 40-50$ you can have the extra fuel if you ever need it... if thats so its a good deal :)

Nasty N8
06-05-2006, 01:40 PM
It should support alot more than the 600A the 4303 flows 2.7GPM. Boosted I would say about 1500fwhp.

Nate

JMBLOWNWS6
06-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Ill try to see the limits on the pump. I have my buddies car that is coming from body and paint and we will see what the T88 will do with one 4303! I cant wait to get mine and get in some boost then some spray !!!!! ;)

ty_ty13
06-05-2006, 02:11 PM
It should support alot more than the 600A the 4303 flows 2.7GPM. Boosted I would say about 1500fwhp.

Nate

this pump will work fine under street conditions with no other accessories?

obZidian
08-01-2006, 05:07 PM
just to bring it back, they say this pump is for the street application... anyone gotten a chance to run one and see how streeteable these pumps really are?

Nasty N8
08-01-2006, 05:14 PM
They are extremely quiet suprized me it is the quietest I have used and do not over heat in street driving.

Nate

obZidian
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
hmmm... what kind of filter setup would you run with that pump?

pre and post of one large post filter? Or one large pre filter? They have a 74 micron and a 25 micron. I guess the 74 pre and 25 post..

Nasty N8
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
You got it they rec. there medium pre(74) and post(25) There filters are also Stainless Steel. I keep all this in stock they have a great regulator to match.

ozws6
08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Nate,

Has anyone used one of these pumps on extended long drives (I need a fuel system that can survive the Power Tour)?

onfire
08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Y'all need to think about the difference between a pump overheating (and burning up, stalling,etc.) and over heating your fuel due to too much fuel pumped through a regulator and back into the tank. Just a heads up.

NA$TY-TA
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Y'all need to think about the difference between a pump overheating (and burning up, stalling,etc.) and over heating your fuel due to too much fuel pumped through a regulator and back into the tank. Just a heads up.

well tell the Folks what ya reccomend then!!!! LOL :jest:

onfire
08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
well tell the Folks what ya reccomend then!!!! LOL :jest:

Basically, on a race only system you can put a Prostock pump on and not worry about it...as long as it puts out the volume at the pressure you need and is reliable...life is good.

A car that is driven for more than say 20 minutes on the street is another animal. The Prostock system would supply all the needed volume, not quit pumping, but would heat the fuel since it is pumping a large volume of fuel through the regulator back to the tank. Constantly.

So, if your truly going to drive it on the street for extended periods, your going to need a two pump system, with one pump running during the cruising and the second pump triggered by whatever floats your boat. Or an electrical way to slow down the Prostock pump volume for cruising.........or.............

onfire
08-01-2006, 09:57 PM
a way to reliably cool the fuel.

NA$TY-TA
08-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Or an electrical way to slow down the Prostock pump volume for cruising.........or.............

ie the one Aeromotive makes for there pumps..... the one im using.....

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/prod_imgs/img-31-1-small.jpg

"""Billet Fuel Pump Speed Controller, P/N 16302

For any pump, on any type of vehicle, the Aeromotive Fuel Pump Speed Controller (FPSC) minimizes hot fuel handling problems for in-line pumps in bypass systems and it will also keep T-style pumps cool in static systems, extending fuel pump life. Sensing engine RPM, the FPSC kicks your fuel flow into high gear when you need it, but reduces pump speed and flow to keep things cool when you don't. It's like an automatic transmission for your electric fuel pump."""

Kyle

onfire
08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
ie the one Aeromotive makes for there pumps..... the one im using.....

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/prod_imgs/img-31-1-small.jpg

"""Billet Fuel Pump Speed Controller, P/N 16302

For any pump, on any type of vehicle, the Aeromotive Fuel Pump Speed Controller (FPSC) minimizes hot fuel handling problems for in-line pumps in bypass systems and it will also keep T-style pumps cool in static systems, extending fuel pump life. Sensing engine RPM, the FPSC kicks your fuel flow into high gear when you need it, but reduces pump speed and flow to keep things cool when you don't. It's like an automatic transmission for your electric fuel pump."""

Kyle

If it works as advertised, that's perfect for a street strip killer.

Country Boy
08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
That little box seems OK, but will it hurt the pumps? On some motors designed to run on 12v, if you drop the voltage it burns up the windings in the motor very fast. I would want to trash a $500 pump...

Nasty N8
08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
These are not there race pumps these are designed for street use and do it very well. MagnaFuel strongly does NOT rec. a voltage controller they specificly told me they are not good for there motors. As long as these pumps are coupled with the correct size fuel line and regulator you will not have issues on the street.

Nate

andereck
08-03-2006, 10:46 PM
It doesn't drop the voltage, that's the key. Its pwm controlled so it hits the pump with full system voltage. Now if you were to use a dmm on it you would see that it averages about 10v to the pump with a 14.3 v supply. This is an averaged dmm reading though. The pump will last longer as it doesn't work as hard and the amp draw goes down. Regulated pump volume drops about 40% when its active on the low side. Thats significant.

The box will also run 6 seconds at full volume when you start the car and when you shut it off to keep the system primed. You can have it go 100% via rpm, or a grounded external switch, relay, ecu etc. Pretty cool. It will sink a bit over 30 amps so it can control pretty serious pumps.

kp
08-03-2006, 11:25 PM
It doesn't drop the voltage, that's the key. Its pwm controlled so it hits the pump with full system voltage. Now if you were to use a dmm on it you would see that it averages about 10v to the pump with a 14.3 v supply. This is an averaged dmm reading though. The pump will last longer as it doesn't work as hard and the amp draw goes down. Regulated pump volume drops about 40% when its active on the low side. Thats significant.

The box will also run 6 seconds at full volume when you start the car and when you shut it off to keep the system primed. You can have it go 100% via rpm, or a grounded external switch, relay, ecu etc. Pretty cool. It will sink a bit over 30 amps so it can control pretty serious pumps.

You sure its PWM? I had one for a while (came on a car I bought) and while I never put a scope on it after using it with an A1000 for a while it melted both spade lugs of the controller so I assumed it was drawing more current. Not to mention I burned up two A1000's when using it. After I got rid of the controller the pump lasted a long time..

Boodyrider
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM

Nate

Do you have a flow/pressure/draw chart for these at various voltages?

andereck
08-04-2006, 12:23 AM
You sure its PWM? I had one for a while (came on a car I bought) and while I never put a scope on it after using it with an A1000 for a while it melted both spade lugs of the controller so I assumed it was drawing more current. Not to mention I burned up two A1000's when using it. After I got rid of the controller the pump lasted a long time..

Yes, I'm sure its PWM. There was a run of them with a component substitution that resulted in high amp draw and the potting would melt back from the terminal. The resulting heat was evident on the backside of the driver. You could see where the potting had softened around the component. This was cleared up some time ago. I'm surprised your A1000's burned up. They have pretty good sized brushes and they fit the commutator well when new.

andereck
08-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Do you have a flow/pressure/draw chart for these at various voltages?

For some reason Magnafuel doesn't publish that information. I called them about an older EFI 500 pump to see if they could give me their specs and they didn't have it handy. I flowed it and it made 3gpm @ 12.5v and 60psi. Pretty outstanding and good enough for nearly 1500hp on gas. Problem was it wasn't quite enough and fuel pressure started running backwards under boost at rpm. A cam change fixed the bsfc issue. They're good pumps and do run pretty quiet for the volume.

http://www.magnafuel.com/catalog.pdf

kp
08-04-2006, 12:35 AM
Yes, I'm sure its PWM. There was a run of them with a component substitution that resulted in high amp draw and the potting would melt back from the terminal. The resulting heat was evident on the backside of the driver. You could see where the potting had softened around the component. This was cleared up some time ago. I'm surprised your A1000's burned up. They have pretty good sized brushes and they fit the commutator well when new.

heh, most likely I had one of the bad controllers because thats exactly what it did. Aeromotive said since I wasnt the original purchaser they couldnt warranty it and it probably wasnt worth repairing. Both pumps just quit after a couple hours use, one was the original pump that came in the car and the other was brand new one I bought that was exchanged where I bought it from. I ended up just putting a 50 amp relay in the back and threw the controller in the trash and it worked fine until I sold the car :)

I just assumed it was DC-DC converter and was overheating everything from the increased current draw at the lower voltage..

onfire
08-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Fuel heat has nothing to do with line size when FP is regulated to 58psi. If those pumps are pushing (a guess since they don't publish flow data :eyes: ) +600lbs/hr through a 58psi regulator, the pump may never fail (properly designed) but the gas is going to heat up on long trips....better design for it.

kp
08-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Fuel heat has nothing to do with line size when FP is regulated to 58psi. If those pumps are pushing (a guess since they don't publish flow data :eyes: ) +600lbs/hr through a 58psi regulator, the pump may never fail (properly designed) but the gas is going to heat up on long trips....better design for it.

You an always put a small A2A cooler on the return line, have had one on my car for over a year, dont know if it really helps or not but its there lol. Main reason I like the magnafuel pump is its a very simpe design, its hard for a gear pump to fail, even though not as efficient as a geroter style pump, motor looks pretty beefy as well inside. Time will tell but you can rebuild the pump section in like 10 minutes without even taking the pump off the car, thats a plus to me.

As far as flow data procharger doesnt publish any either and I have one on my car and its doing OK. I'm sure the data is there but they just dont want to share for whatever reason, I dont like it but you dont have to know how to build a watch to tell time properly if you know what I mean ;)

Country Boy
08-04-2006, 08:16 PM
t you dont have to know how to build a watch to tell time properly if you know what I mean ;)

LMAO! I like that! :lol:

NA$TY-TA
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM
You an always put a small A2A cooler on the return line, have had one on my car for over a year, dont know if it really helps or not but its there lol.

I dont like it but you dont have to know how to build a watch to tell time properly if you know what I mean ;)

Kev what brand ya got and is it for a -10an line???
Im looking for one just because.....

Thats so true LOL :jest:

Kyle

Nasty N8
08-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Kyle you surely don't have -10 on your return line?

NA$TY-TA
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Kyle you surely don't have -10 on your return line?

Good one there Nate..... thanks on that one :jest: nah i have -8an as my return......-10 is my feed.....
Ya have any Nate????

Pm me a Price for one shipped to 23452 and ill give ya a ring..... :devil:

Kyle

kp
08-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Kev what brand ya got and is it for a -10an line???
Im looking for one just because.....

Thats so true LOL :jest:

Kyle

Its made by evercool or something like that, just do a search for 'fuel coolers' and you should find some. I have a -6 return line and thats where it is, looks like a little trans cooler. Not sure if it really helps that much but cant hurt..

*edit, its a flex-a-lite, just found the receipt

obZidian
08-05-2006, 01:13 AM
so, it cools the heat build up in the return fuel line? hmm... getting my fuel system ready for ordering and this seems like a good addition since i will drive this car, ALOT! :)

JMBLOWNWS6
08-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I drove my car about 60 miles with no problem with the magnafuel 4303.

Nasty N8
08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Good how is the car running Joe?

Nate

SVC707
08-11-2006, 02:20 AM
just got back from a 3 hr straight drive put on 170 ish miles. no issues what so ever. trying to break in my new setup. so for those worried about long drives and what nots with this pump, i had none. i believe i have the 4303

Nasty N8
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Cool you guys got the system together. It is living up to what it should do.

Nate

SVC707
08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
still alil leaking. but i took the car home and dealing with it here.. but so far so good.

FormulaFire
08-11-2006, 11:28 PM
How would this compare to the aeromotive eliminator?

JMBLOWNWS6
08-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Good how is the car running Joe?

Nate

Has no rockers right now Nate! :)

kp
08-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I drove mine around for over an hour the other day and it was 95 degrees out, no problem at all and I only had a few gallons in the tank. My main concern is how it does at the track tonight though ;)

JMBLOWNWS6
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I drove mine around for over an hour the other day and it was 95 degrees out, no problem at all and I only had a few gallons in the tank. My main concern is how it does at the track tonight though ;)

Hey KP you got the 4303 now? Its pretty quiet considering the HP rating on this sucker huh :drive:

kp
08-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey KP you got the 4303 now? Its pretty quiet considering the HP rating on this sucker huh :drive:

Its not what I would call quiet, it has different sound then the usual big EFI pump, maybe mine is a little louder then usual. I cant hear it outside with the car running, but with the windows rolled up I can hear it in the car some. I could isolate it a little better to make it quieter but I dont really care abot the noise. It held 70psi on my car with no problem last night so when I do the bigger injectors and drop the pressure It will do just fine, so far so good ;)

JMBLOWNWS6
08-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Its not what I would call quiet, it has different sound then the usual big EFI pump, maybe mine is a little louder then usual. I cant hear it outside with the car running, but with the windows rolled up I can hear it in the car some. I could isolate it a little better to make it quieter but I dont really care abot the noise. It held 70psi on my car with no problem last night so when I do the bigger injectors and drop the pressure It will do just fine, so far so good ;)

LOL I told Nate I was going to test how it could hold unreferenced on my TA @65 psi. It passed that test with flying colors. They are a great pump and we are in the middle or trying to test the HP limits of it. T-88 and a 408 should come close :)

kp
08-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Mine is unreferenced and I ran ait 70psi last night just to see if it would hold and the log averaged 68psi for the whole pass so thats pretty good. The dual pumps wouldnt hold over 62 or so. I need to get my voltage up a little though, the fuel pump is drawing a lot, the electric water pump takes about 16 amps, plus the big fan I have and my voltage is way down now..

JMBLOWNWS6
08-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Mine is unreferenced and I ran ait 70psi last night just to see if it would hold and the log averaged 68psi for the whole pass so thats pretty good. The dual pumps wouldnt hold over 62 or so. I need to get my voltage up a little though, the fuel pump is drawing a lot, the electric water pump takes about 16 amps, plus the big fan I have and my voltage is way down now..

So are you going to look to get the ALT built up to a bigger amp? Man I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a EWP too :(

kp
08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
I am thinking of a 140-160 amp, its possible my original alternator is starting to die also. I would think a 100 amp alternator would be enough..

JMBLOWNWS6
08-14-2006, 12:27 AM
I am thinking of a 140-160 amp, its possible my original alternator is starting to die also. I would think a 100 amp alternator would be enough..

I was reading and you ran into the same problem I did huh? I was hauling ass and my pump did the same thing (Cavatation) due to sloshing of the fuel. I kept it full and it never did it again.

Nasty N8
08-14-2006, 10:58 AM
How would this compare to the aeromotive eliminator?

No comparison this pump is better in every way. Quieter, Does not require a voltage stepper for street use, will handle way more power...

Nate

Fireball
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Is there any concern about the -8 line in apps over 1000 hp?

Nasty N8
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
yes you want to feed the pump with as big as possible as not to starve the pump we use -12 for all applications. then you would want to step it to -10 for that kinda power level.

Nate

SVC707
08-14-2006, 08:42 PM
for those who want to hear the pump, here is the sound it makes when it primes, but once my car is on i dont hear it well i take that back i do. but like some have said it doesnt bother me unless your looking and thinking about the sounds

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U7lpxSABBRc

Fireball
08-15-2006, 05:49 AM
yes you want to feed the pump with as big as possible as not to starve the pump we use -12 for all applications. then you would want to step it to -10 for that kinda power level.

Nate

so the -8 inlet and outlet on the pump aren't a concern? I guess just use the straight #8 o-ring to -10AN fitting on the outlet and #8 o-ring to -12AN fitting on the inlet?

JMBLOWNWS6
08-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Yes you are correct!

Nasty N8
08-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Well actually you would do -12 to the pre filter which are -10 in and then -10to -8 into pump and -8 to -10 out of pump to the post filter and -10 to -10 out of the post filter to the rails. ;)

koji777
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I got 1 from nasty..... making 1000rwhp 15 lbs boost from f1r... long drives no problem:)

Nasty N8
08-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Sweet now that is what I like to hear.

Nate

Country Boy
08-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Well actually you would do -12 to the pre filter which are -10 in and then -10to -8 into pump and -8 to -10 out of pump to the post filter and -10 to -10 out of the post filter to the rails. ;)

Now heres what I dont enderstand.. you cant outflow the smallest opening. If the smallest opening is a -8 in the pump, why run a -10 line. You cant flow more than the -8 fitting that screws into the pump.

Nasty N8
08-15-2006, 10:30 AM
True you can not out flow that fitting but you can fill a bigger line with more volume and keep temps down. The pressure head is going to fill the larger hose. What happen man I thought you were calling me for some stuff this last weekend?

Nate